Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2006, 09:31 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to blinkwatt
Oh crap!!!!!

Well yesterday during the installation of my new intermediate shaft to my throttle body,I had to remove the throttle cable,oil filler line,and a few nuts and bolts. Well I didnt start the car after installing the new parts and just assumed I put everything back together right........I go to start the car and it is idling at around 1900-2000 rpm?!?!? I went to see what would happen if I gave it some gas,it would slowly come back down from where I was revving the engine to almost as if my foot was still on the gas pedal. I think somehow I tightened the throttle cable,I started the car up again and the rpms idled at 1500 rpm and still was slow to come down from revving. Any suggestions? It is now 10 30 PM Western Time and I have lamps set up so I can see inside the engine compartment, I will check the throttle cable to see if anything has any tension,but I am open to ANY suggestions as to what I may have done.

Old 06-28-2006, 09:48 PM   #2

have you tried power cycling? i.e. disconnecting the battery and then reconnecting it? Because I understand that the mainboard will balance the idle out again automatically.

Also, I've worked on my throttle before for my oil separator, and when I was reconnecting the throttle, I had to make sure that the throttle wire wasn't miss aligned.

I would say that the battery reboot is the next best thing.
ralegen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 09:54 PM   #3

Send a message via AIM to blinkwatt
Ok,my dad and I fixed it. It seems like the throttle cable had some tension as I didn't feed the cable back through it all the way. All is well and it put a smile on my dads face knowing that he helped to fix my Boxster. Gosh I love this car,its almost as if I wait for a issue to come up for a reason for me to work on it.