Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2012, 02:51 AM   #1

Suspension overhaul

Its that time. Pretty much most of the bushings are cracked or torn apart. Doing the full monty on this one. Any recommendations on where to get the parts? So far Pelican semed les than Sunset. Might go with Vertex on the control arms. Thanks in advance for inputs.

2000 Boxster S 3.2L
1990 Land Rover Defender 6x6
Bala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 03:55 AM   #2

Has anybody tried fitting polly bushes to them all? I was wondering if it would be too harsh?
Splitpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 04:00 AM   #3

www.design911.com

If you want 5-10% cheaper than the US competition (sad but true, sorry) but you want your parts out of the door within 3-5 days max (instock or not!), Design911 in the UK will get your mood back and more. They shoot by FedEx... and your order is at your front door in less than 10-12 days. The guys at Design911 gets their own part orders every 2 days so they don't screw up dates and stuff with their customers Very serious business only.

I've ordered every parts that you can see under a Boxster (suspension wise). Front + rear. Rest assured that if you do the same, your car will be back to exactly when it came out once from the dealer.

karl@design911.com a scary brilliant chap. Simply the best service I ever had RE parts shopping.

madmods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 06:29 AM   #4

If you want to visuallise what this full suspension overhaul kit involves, see PEP parts below. Of course, this also includes the official ROW M030 Porsche Tequipment Sport Suspension Kit.

Price tag is aprox: $3,000 excluding shipping (still cheap considering it will drive and handle just like a NEW car). Literally NOBODY could best Design911.com’s prices... and I did my homework believe me.

Hope this helps a little.

Last edited by madmods; 02-02-2012 at 06:32 AM.
madmods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 07:41 AM   #5

Thanks for the input and diagrams. I'm going to start with the sway bar, drop links and control arm as those I visually inspected and need addressed right now. Then on to tie rods and shock parts if required. I think my rear wheel bearing might be shot as there is a humming sound.

I'll check with sideline as well.

When do I get to stop fixing and start driving?

2000 Boxster S 3.2L
1990 Land Rover Defender 6x6
Bala is offline   Reply With Quote