986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Performance and Technical Chat (http://986forum.com/forums/performance-technical-chat/)
-   -   Accusump and chain tensioners (http://986forum.com/forums/performance-technical-chat/33477-accusump-chain-tensioners.html)

jaykay 02-01-2012 10:22 AM

I am starting to like the idea of a manual handle more and more. One could rev and flip the handle even while rolling through the paddok or the last straight on a cool down. This way you can let the engine idle/cool before shut down avoiding avoiding a fresh fuel charge in the cylinders if that's still an issue these days. I suppose one could piggy back the cable on the shifter cable route...hopefully without binding

Do you have a picture of your installation location location sound pretty unique! I didn't think there would be room there..

Quote:

Originally Posted by LAP1DOUG (Post 275821)
To the OP - I think this is a great thought, and could help chain guide life, which seems to be an issue for some.

Actually there are two vesrions of the electric valve system. One is a standard solenoid that Canton warns is for start-up pre-oiling only. I don't know why, but I had guessed it must be a reduced port size valve.

The other electric valve option is supposed to charge the accusump slowly, but flow out at a higher rate. I can't imagine how / why this works.

So, I just ordered the manual valve one too, as I don't trust the solenoid operating scheme, and yes solenoids do fail. I got the big 22" long one, which fits very nicely in the tunnel above the water lines.

Brad Roberts 02-01-2012 12:30 PM

Jake suggested cleaning them (we do this also) They are not scary rocket science. Fact is, they are very simple.

B

LAP1DOUG 02-01-2012 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaykay (Post 276619)
I am starting to like the idea of a manual handle more and more. One could rev and flip the handle even while rolling through the paddok or the last straight on a cool down. This way you can let the engine idle/cool before shut down avoiding avoiding a fresh fuel charge in the cylinders if that's still an issue these days. I suppose one could piggy back the cable on the shifter cable route...hopefully without binding

Do you have a picture of your installation location location sound pretty unique! I didn't think there would be room there..

I have been so busy at work, I haven't had time to finish my installation, but if you go over to Planet 9, and do a search for accusump, you can find a guy who mounted the 3 quart / 16" unit in the tunnel above the water lines. I have already test fit my 22" long unit there, and it fits fine. I just need to make some brackets and plumb it up.