Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2005, 07:57 AM   #1

Brembo brakes

I have a 98 Boxster and want to put the S type Brembo brakes from a 2001 on it. Will they swap out ok? Or should I paint mine red and forget about it. I found them used for cheap and wonder if they will work.
Thanks in advance,
Scott

Scotterboyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 08:04 AM   #2

I don't know but a call to the local dealer parts dept should resolve in a minute or so.

If you do this, pls post the answer.

Thanks
Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 09:35 AM   #3

The front S brakes will bolt right on. The rear brakes require more work because the eBrake is not compatible with the S rotors. Brembo makes specially machined S rotors which will work in a standard Boxster.

However, the rear brakes don't get worked very hard and don't really benefit from an upgrade. You might just want to repaint those and save yourself the hassle with the rotors. For that matter, the front brakes are pretty great as well. They are also Brembos. I had a '98 Boxster which I took to the track a lot. The brakes are really great.
KevinC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 02:30 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotterboyd View Post
I have a 98 Boxster and want to put the S type Brembo brakes from a 2001 on it. Will they swap out ok? Or should I paint mine red and forget about it. I found them used for cheap and wonder if they will work.
Thanks in advance,
Scott
Pretty much the same brake mounts for those model but you, you will need to do some fabrication with your rear but don’t worry its quite minor unlike the models today where in if you want to do an upgrade you need to replace it with the performance version of that part like brembo brakes. Much expensive since you cannot borrow parts from a different year model.

Last edited by simonbutler74; 09-14-2012 at 01:13 AM.
simonbutler74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 03:33 AM   #5

christ man, this **************** is 7 years old.
Crono0001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 04:36 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono0001 View Post
christ man, this **************** is 7 years old.
Ya never know...maybe, just maybe, the OP was still waitin' on an answer!
Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 05:16 AM   #7

Simon, where in NY are you?
Ebay Headers, Fabspeed high flow cats, JIC Cross, IPD Plenum, H&R Coilovers, B&M Short Shifter, AEM Uego Gauge Type Analog, Apexi S-AFC Select, 987 air box, Litronics, 2000 Tails and side markers, painted center console, 18" 987 S-Wheels, GT3 Front bumper with splitter.
JAAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 01:12 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotterboyd View Post
Thanks in advance,
Scott
Pretty much the same brake mounts for those model but you, you will need to do some fabrication with your rear but don’t worry its quite minor unlike the models today where in if you want to do an upgrade you need to replace it with the performance version of that part like brembo brakes. Much expensive since you cannot borrow parts from a different year mode

simonbutler74 is offline   Reply With Quote