Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2005, 12:04 PM   #1

Becker CDR-220 cell phone connection

Is there a way to connect a cell phone to the Becker CDR-220 head unit? By the looks of it, Becker makes an Auxiliary Cable Kit to connect an auxiliary input device as well as a phone. There is also an auto mute function, which I'm not sure how that would work. If anybody has tried this before, or has any insight that would be great.

NickW4811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 08:36 PM   #2

Call Becker Usa

Here are links to the becker USA site. They have kits to get you an aux input but ... you will/may lose your ability to use the CD changer. You could probably get past that with a little wiring trickery. I installed one for XM works great about 2 hours work tops.

They also have cell phone kits which may get you what you want. Actually pretty cheap about $20 or so. The parts guy is real helpful and they will send instruction which will get you there if you have any basic understanding of radios and cars.

http://members4.boardhost.com/beckerboard/msg/9492.html

http://www.beckerautosound.com/

If you are into blutooth parrot has some car kits that will work but they cost some $$

Hope this helps.
ATB,
Tom

Last edited by trube78; 07-18-2005 at 08:39 PM. Reason: added a line
trube78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 07:01 AM   #3

I use the Becker Aux jack for my Ipod and Sirius plug and play. The only problem is the alternator whine when power the devices through the cigarette lighter. I had the Satellite tuner hardwired but that produced even worse whine. Best thing to do is go with a Satellite ready head unit. The Porsche radio's should fetch a good price on ebay. Remeber to turn the volume up completely on the Ipod and that will reduce some of the interference noise.

BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote