Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2005, 04:52 PM   #1

Just ordered Bilstein PSS-9s! WooHoo

After mths and mths of debating and researching, I finally pulled the trigger and ordered a set of coilovers for my box. My car initially had a very rough ride due to worned shocks and aftermarket 18inch wheels. I first planned to do a shock/spring combo, but the price for the coils were pretty good which I couldnt resist, so I decided to save up and go for the best or nothing.

Hope it will dramatically improve the ride and stance, I will also do a aligment right after install.

For those whom are intersted in getting coils, you may pm me for the source (best price I found over the net and locally) maybe nothing special to others.

I will take some pics, and give some feedbacks once installed.

TECH986ART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 02:13 PM   #2

Talking Congrats!

Congrats on doing the drop. You will love the look. It fills in the wheel gap, the car handles better and looks meaner & more agressive. Did the same to mine on 18's. She is tight!
WillieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 02:16 PM   #3

Wink Don't forget to ..............................

take a look at the rear brake lines to see if they are rubbing the 18's. It will be close. I took the advice from someone on PPBB and tied in the brake line with 2 ties and then put duct tape over the arm to keep the ties from sliding down, which they did. No no rub or burning rubber brake line smell.
WillieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 07:02 AM   #4

Hi Willie,

Yes I am quite excited for the drop, and the ride. Thanks for the email and the tip!!

BTW still enjoying the GHLs?? Bet you are!!

Cheers,
Kevin
Old 07-13-2005, 12:22 PM   #5

good move.
I had allot of problems with going just the lowering springs route on previous cars.
Too many factors at play, wheel weight, spring rates, shock adjustability.
Initially I was going to go with a set TEIN HA's but backed to save money and went with shock and spring package. Disaster. Had to chuck the package and eat the installation costs.
If you have to maintain, always upgrade if you can is my motto.
Unfortunately for me the PSS9 will bump me up into the GT3, GT2, 997S categories for Autocross where I wouldn't stand a chance of finishing within 3 seconds of those monsters. But I have ZERO complaints about my suspension on my 2000S. Its perfect. I'm keeping with my orginal plan of keeping all performance parts stock and replacing with stock.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 05:46 PM   #6

Hey~ was the handling that bad with the shock/spring combo?
Tein makes good quality stuff, didn't know they made one for our cars.

Just by changing to coilovers will bump you up a class??? wow, they must classified boxster as a superb handling car, too bad is abit under powered...

Anyhow, thanks for the reassurance, the coils are schedule to arrive tomorrow, I have made a Saturaday installation in the morning, I will post some pics after installed!!

Kevin
Old 07-15-2005, 05:15 AM   #7

Good choice. Pss9's are the best. That is what I plan to do.
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 04:38 PM   #8

Finally got a chance to snap some quick pics, sorry for the bad pics, I will snap a few more over the weekend.

The ride is sensational, alittle disappointed with the back adjustment, could use another half inch. But the front is tucked inside the fender.