Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2011, 08:35 PM   #1

Headlight Problem

Hi guys, new to the forum, just bought my first Porsche, a 98 boxster with 58k miles..

Anyway, I've had multiple issues, including a parasitic draw which I have not found, but which im pretty sure was the aftermarket radio.. Also a bad mass air flow censor which cost me alot of money to diagnose..

Then I got into an accident which punctured my radiator and bent some bracketing that caused my the plastic piece in the driver-side front wheel well to rub my tire when I turned.. So I replaced the radiator and the bracket was bent back. The plastic is gone though, so there is a small hole, and some wired are exposed, a green, black, and white I believe, but they dont look threatened by anything and look pretty intact, its just that the plastic wheel well cover is gone..

One Week Later:

so my Low-beam, High-Beam are out.. My blinker is also out, and when I activate it in the car, it blinks fast, but like I said, its out.. But my day-time running light works on that side, and all the other lights on the car work..

When I pulled the knob out for the lights, a flicker noise is heard, and it looks like the blinker is flickering pretty fast.

I should add these are aftermarket HIDs. but I'm pretty sure it not the equipment..

My question is.. where do I look, what could the problem be, where are the grounds located?

Im a complete newbie to Porsche, I literally just figured out today that you can pull the light knob out to activate the other light..

Thanks for reading

l4v4 is offline   Reply With Quote