Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2011, 10:41 AM   #1

Exhaust for 02 Boxster

Hey guys, any suggestions for the best aftermarket exhaust for an 02 boxster? I've listened to a few diff. clips on youtube and really want a gt3 rs sound for my Boxster budget. What can you guys suggest?

Boxster_02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 11:28 AM   #2
Crazy Austrian

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxster_02
Hey guys, any suggestions for the best aftermarket exhaust for an 02 boxster? I've listened to a few diff. clips on youtube and really want a gt3 rs sound for my Boxster budget. What can you guys suggest?
We all want that GT3 sound. I'm afraid the only way to get is buy a GT3.
As far as your budget, you can get systems for around 2k for top end like fabspeed or go to ebay and buy the loooow end stuff for around $300 You need to decide where your budget lies and get the best you can afford. Personally I mixed my system with a combination of low end, self made and used higher end system and it worked out quite well. Let us know exactly what your goals are (besides the GT3 sound). I know of guys who went to their local muffler shop and had them bend straight thru pipes for them. Now that sound is wicked.
Old 04-05-2011, 12:56 PM   #3

Garage
Harry's correct. There's a slew of after-market exhausts out there for the 986 boxster. Everything from budget cat backs and headers on ebay, right up to top named tuners . It all comes down to what your budget and goals are ? As of late, I've seen a few cat-back exhausts going for cheap on ebay that look surprisingly good . And, unlike headers that require perfect flanges, smooth welds, precise mandrel bends, high quality cats, ect... things aren't anywhere near as crucial when it comes to an end muffler. Provided, however, that the muffler is made from the right kind of stainless steel, it fits correctly and some level thought went into the design . With that said, its entirely possible that you could find a budget cat-back exhaust that fits the bill .
Old 04-05-2011, 02:26 PM   #4

I recommend the "Pedro" modified factory exhaust. Mine was done by Oettle, but the principal is the same. Best bang for the buck; you just need to find a welder that can perform the mod. No drone or resonance like the aftermarket mufflers...mine sounds like a mini GT3 with my Fabspeed bypass pipes.
Attached Images

PCA DE Instructor circa '95
jmatta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 02:50 PM   #5

The best? Kreissieg F1 probably, but it will cost you pretty penny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EngPnUSjHKk

Sorry but you didn't state your budget.

ekam is offline   Reply With Quote