Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2011, 04:03 PM   #1

Garage
Dyno Results:

So I went in today to get the car Dyno'ed, it was supposed to cost me 45 dollars for 3 runs. However, my exhaust melted the straps to the dyno so after the first run it was called quits.

The machine was a Mustang dyno, the results were decent. for my car factory spec is 217 and 193 hp, tq respectively, it is a 2001 base. fast forward 10 years! today my car put down 194hp @ 6732 and 161.4 tq @ 4912. here is a question. the tare weight of my car IS 2880lbs. on the dyno the tech put 3800! im not a dyno genius but that should affect my results to some degree correct?

anyway, I didnt have to pay and only got the one run so it is what it is. next one will have the new cat-less headers, UDP (hopefully) spark plugs, new oil, and ROW dme flash.

Lobo1186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 03:04 AM   #2

Those are good numbers for a 2001 base. In my experience, there can be a fair amount of difference in hp in cars of same make and year. The shop that did most of my tuning had another 2000 base, like my car, that was much quicker than mine.

Its fun to play with tuning a base boxster, but not very cost efficient. I have done lots of mods to my car and am putting out only about 10 hp more than yours. Chip made the throttle mapping more responsive, exhaust and intake made it sound cool and all the mods gave a little more hp.

I have found that the best way to make my car more responsive is to put on a good set of coilovers to lower it slightly and lighten it up where you can (battery, spare, exhaust, seats if you can afford it).

Ed

2000 2.7L Boxster 102K; TTP intake, headers, high-flow cats; Dansk high-flow muffler; Autothority ECU chip; TechnoTorque 2; Bilstein coilovers; Racing Dynamics strut brace; stress-bar suspension kit; Aasco lightweight flywheel, B&M short shiftkit; 18" wheels; spare tire delete; OEM GT3 seats; JL audio speakers and subwoofer; Alpine PDX-5/PDX-2 amps; Kenwood DNX8120 CD/DVD/Nav; litronics, deambered
edevlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 03:52 PM   #3

Garage
I agree, the best way forward is to look toward a better power plant. I like my car it is very basic. so for now I will stick to ancillary things like UDP and exhaust.
Lobo1186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 07:43 PM   #4

edevlin You said you only made another 10hp. What did your power curve look like when you started out compared to now? Can you post up the dyno sheet. I'm trying to get to "know" the 2.7lt. I'm thinking about going forced induction so I'm trying to get as mush info as I can on the motors. A nice dyno sheet can tell me a great deal!

Hawkeye71 is offline   Reply With Quote