Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2011, 05:53 PM   #1

litronics not working?

OK I knew it seemed unlikely that both Low beams burnt out. First all other lights are working only Low Beams wont come on. I bought 2 new bulbs and installed them this evening. NO Light?

So any ideas is there a chart available for fuse location? Possibly a seperate relay? What is the silver box on the back of each assembly? Looking for logical troubleshooting sequence to pinpoint problem.

There is the solid electrical connection and the wired pigtail connection that you plug in before sliding assembly back in place. What set of lights is powered by each connection?

Anybody purchase repair manual on DVD I saw one for $15?

IndyGreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 05:16 AM   #2

The silver box is the ballast which supplies power to the bulbs.

If both left & right bulbs are not turning on I doubt it's the bulbs. Check the fuse which is in the fuse box and it could be the light switch that could cause this as well.

Get yourself the Bentley manual if you do not already have it.
ekam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 04:03 PM   #3

Bentley manual not much help?

Basically all the bently manual says is to swap out left side for right side parts to find what is not working. Won't help me as both sides do not work. Driving lights, parking lights and high beams work. I have another ballast ignitor from aftermarket compatible lights that will not work so I have determined that it is in wiring or switch. I have checked the fuses and everything else. High beams dip and everything else works.

What is not working is dash switch works when you turn to parking light position, but does not work when you switch to headlights, pull out and driving lights work and rear driving light works.

High beam stalk will work high beams if you pull it back, however if you push it forward to detent position as if you were driving on country road and not seeing traffic and wanted to lock them on the high beams go off? Not sure if this is normal?

So instead of checking for broken or bad wiring I am going to assume it is switch in the dash and order that?

just wondered if anybody else had just one function on switch go bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekam
The silver box is the ballast which supplies power to the bulbs.

If both left & right bulbs are not turning on I doubt it's the bulbs. Check the fuse which is in the fuse box and it could be the light switch that could cause this as well.

Get yourself the Bentley manual if you do not already have it.

IndyGreg is offline   Reply With Quote