Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2010, 09:28 AM   #1

Air Oil Separator and window regulator

It's been a long time since I've posted anything here on 986, so it's nice to be back. I did two repairs this week and wanted share the results.

First of all, my car started blowing out the huge clouds of white smoke evertime I started it. And then my engine started running rough. After researching it here on 986 I knew for sure it was the Air Oil separator. (My 2002 Boxster has 121,000 miles on it)

I bought one from Danbury Porsche for $100, read up on how to install it and 2-3 hrs later.....success!! What a difference it makes. the car doesn't rev so high when starting it now, it idols smoother, seems to have a little more power and of course....no white smoke screens or embarrassment.

Here's my tips for those doing it. If you don't have a car lift (and most of us don't) jack up the rear end as high as you can and remove the right rear wheel. This will give you better access when laying on your back trying to disconnect that little F'ing hose on the bottom of the separator. lol.
also, make sure the hose clamps are positioned in the proper direction before bolting the new unit on so when your underneth you can re-install that clamp again easily. Other then that it's not very difficult.

Next repair was the passenger side power window regulator. This job is very easy so don't be afraid to attempt it. Just look how the old unit is mounted in before completely removing it. It nice working on a car that's well made. the regulator cost me $210 bucks from the same dealer. You can get them cheaper on the net but i would make sure it's OEM to be on the safe side.

Good Luck!

Couper1 is offline   Reply With Quote