Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2010, 09:59 PM   #1

Ansa Sport exhaust tips

Anyone is familiar with these exhaust tips: http://www.myhotboxster.com/Ansa/Exhaust-Tips/Universal-Ansa-Sport-Turbokrome-Dual-Exhaust-Tips-_-Stainless-Steel-_-TK5077/795662/

I like the look. Do you know whether just changing the exhaust tips would cause any droning? Does it change the sound much? I like the sound of my S but i'd like it a little louder may be. Any thoughts on these or exhaust tips in general would be appreciate it.

19" MHT Rims
Evo Intake, De-Snorkeled
CVstarBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 07:15 AM   #2

Changing tips does not change the sound....

Also, short of hacking those up and doing some welding, those tips will never fit on a Boxster exhaust.
Old 09-16-2010, 09:20 AM   #3

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CVstarBoxster
Anyone is familiar with these exhaust tips: http://www.myhotboxster.com/Ansa/Exhaust-Tips/Universal-Ansa-Sport-Turbokrome-Dual-Exhaust-Tips-_-Stainless-Steel-_-TK5077/795662/

I like the look. Do you know whether just changing the exhaust tips would cause any droning? Does it change the sound much? I like the sound of my S but i'd like it a little louder may be. Any thoughts on these or exhaust tips in general would be appreciate it.
I am very familiar with the ANSA tip that is pictured as I used to sell them for $24.95, from reading the ad I hope the boxster tip is made to fit a boxster & the universal tip in the picture is a "you make it fit" one size fits some. The pictured tip has a small resonater that will deepen your exhaust note but not make it louder or cause any drone.

BYprodriver is offline   Reply With Quote