Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2010, 10:30 AM   #1

cheap muffler: Dansk Sport Exhaust

I came accross this cheap muffler online and I was wondering if anyone has had experience or know of them: Dansk Sport Exhaust for $275. http://www.********************************************.org/detail.lasso?PartNumber=R1079819909&serial_number=1092425

CVstarBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 10:56 AM   #2

You might want to re check the website. That is just the mounting kit for the muffler. The muffler is listed separately.

Nice try though!
brian325is is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 10:59 AM   #3

DAng

You right. I jumped the gun! No wonder it was too good to be true. I should've thought about the cost of modifications buying the boxster. lol. this is the price for the actual exhaust. 1200: http://www.********************************************.org/detail.lasso?PartNumber=RFVD1018&serial_number=1095507
Old 08-23-2010, 11:56 AM   #4

I too, have the same love/hate relationship with my Boxster S. I do love the car however I am not content to enjoy it as is. I want to add some personal touches to it.

I am not cheap, okay I am Dutch, I am cheap. The prices of accessories and performance equipment for this car are out of line. The value for your money isn't reasonable. Wait till you want to buy some wheels. Porsche only 5x130 pattern. My BMWs and Mercedes were much cheaper!

I would not mind as much, however after reading too much on the net, I am too afraid to drive the car. I am not willing to spend more on a replacement engine than I paid for the car!!!!

Maybe I should have bought a corvette. Damn midlife crisis. A hooker would have been cheaper as well!!!!
brian325is is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 12:12 PM   #5

ha-ha

Ha-ha, I aint know dutch folk are cheap. Is that where the expression "let's go dutch" come from? LOL I know what you mean though! lol...the engine failure stories are scary, but I'm driving mine daily. It is definitely very expensive to modify, but I'm definitely gonna spend around 5k on it. I want a front bumper (997 GT3 or Ruf bumper), Wing; some wheels - the turbo wheels are nice, and may be an exhaust. I want to make it more aggressive.