Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2010, 05:36 PM   #1

Garage
Need help with engine error codes on 99 boxster

I have the following engine error P-codes:

P0102 (Mass air flow sensor, short to ground/below lower limit/ lean mixture threshold)

P1124 (fuel pump relay output stage, short to ground/below lower limit/lean mixture)

P1126 (oxygen sensing adaptation, lower load range, cyl. 1-3, short to B+/above upper limit/ rich mixture threshold.)

I would be immensely grateful to anyone who has ideas on where to start. Thank you soooo much!

Colby

99 2.5L Boxster: 135,800 miles, AVIC-Z2 In-dash navigation/DVD receiver w/bypass switch, made and installed Pedro's hi flow air intake, custom laser engraved wind-stop, hacked convertible top relay, de snorkeled.
Pianohawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 07:26 AM   #2

Garage
Only input I can offer is I have heard the fuel pump relays can go bad & a new one is $15 or less. It is easy to replace under the dash drivers side. Pull off the fuse panel cover & you should have a diagram there. I had to get a Bently manual since my diagram was missing. That may be the only problem.
BYprodriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 07:44 AM   #3

Garage
Lean codes can be caused by vacuum leaks , secondary air injection faults and exhaust manifold leaks.

Lean limit suggests that you have some oxygen (air) getting into the system and the pre-cat O2 is trying to compensate and it is running into the limit because the O2 is coming from the atmosphere and not from the combustion process.

That is where I would start.
Old 08-14-2010, 07:18 AM   #4

Garage
It would appear that HUALE768 is an even smarter spam bot that is now combining posts in a thread to be harder to spot. Amazing what hackers can come up with.
Old 08-17-2010, 10:21 AM   #5

Garage
Thank you for your replies! I'm going to try and clean out the MAF sensor this week and cheek the fuel relays as you suggested.

99 2.5L Boxster: 135,800 miles, AVIC-Z2 In-dash navigation/DVD receiver w/bypass switch, made and installed Pedro's hi flow air intake, custom laser engraved wind-stop, hacked convertible top relay, de snorkeled.
Pianohawk is offline   Reply With Quote