986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Performance and Technical Chat (http://986forum.com/forums/performance-technical-chat/)
-   -   2006 Porsche Boxster, radio turns on, no sound? (http://986forum.com/forums/performance-technical-chat/25546-2006-porsche-boxster-radio-turns-no-sound.html)

crvtt771 07-26-2010 10:26 AM

2006 Porsche Boxster, radio turns on, no sound?

So got done washing the car today, when I went to pull out, I had no sound. The radio turns on and off, shows the channels, songs etc, but no sound! I tried turning the car on and off, radio on and off, waited a few minutes, started car again, nothing. Any advice? Just ran out of warranty . . .

2K3_Boxster_S 07-26-2010 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crvtt771
So got done washing the car today, when I went to pull out, I had no sound. The radio turns on and off, shows the channels, songs etc, but no sound! I tried turning the car on and off, radio on and off, waited a few minutes, started car again, nothing. Any advice? Just ran out of warranty . . .

Had the same exact problem when trouble shooting the rear speakers not working. We were tooling around in the Frunk. previous owner had disconnected the rears. When we were plugging in the rear harness to the amp in the Frunk the whole system crapped out. No sound. It just started working again mysteriously as it stopped. Anybody else experience this?? Some sort of protection mode on a timer maybe?????? :confused:

crvtt771 07-27-2010 07:40 PM

Started working again the same day after sitting for a few hours . . .

2K3_Boxster_S 07-28-2010 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crvtt771
Started working again the same day after sitting for a few hours . . .

same as mine. not suprised. really weird.

myburghp 08-04-2010 12:03 PM

I've experienced a similar issue. It seems to happen when trying to adjust the volume louder, the front panel display shows a decrease in volume all the way down to 0. It will stay like that for a few days then return to normal.

Jaak 08-05-2010 06:46 AM

Push in the faceplate or as I have done in the past is remove it and re seat it. It seems to be a problem with these radios. Lose contacts betweeen the faceplate and the radio unit itself.

myburghp 08-05-2010 08:51 AM

Thanks Jaak. I will definitely try this next time the radio goes soft on me.

MIMA 08-09-2010 01:12 PM

k next time try this:

1. get out of the car close all doors, hood, trunk
2. arm your vehicle wait 20 sec.
3. disarm your vehicle
4. get your butt in the car start your boxy and try the radio again

=)
this works on mine everytime--there is some sort of lock mech. when you turn on your stereo without keys in the ignition.

this trick not only works on my boxster but on my friends and his brothers boxter.

good luck :dance: :dance: :dance: