Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2010, 11:06 AM   #1

mid pipe with sport cats

looking for manufacturers of mid pipes w/ sport cats for a 2000 S. so far i've found FVD and NHP. Maxflo make one for 97 to 99 only. NHP is the least expensive, but i'm uncertain if i'm cool with their geometries (exhaust enters the cat from the side?). FVD is expensive.

after lots of research decided this is the way to go - move the restriction further downstream by going with catless headers (probably ebay cheapies) and mid pipes with sport cats. keep the muffler as is. mid pipes would need pre- and post-cat bungs to relocate the 02 sensors.

anyone roll their own with the FVD cats?

otherwise, does anyone have a source for 02 sensor wiring harness components so that i can build an 'extension cord' for my 02 sensor relocation?

thanks for any help (or a kick in the direction of threads that have already answered this question). trk.

The Radium King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 11:22 AM   #2

Garage
Dansk # PO-94260S is SS 100cell sport cats. I have a set I will sell for half of what I paid.

BYprodriver is offline   Reply With Quote