986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Performance and Technical Chat (http://986forum.com/forums/performance-technical-chat/)
-   -   I got the itch!!!! (http://986forum.com/forums/performance-technical-chat/24862-i-got-itch.html)

JAAY 05-20-2010 07:40 PM

I got the itch!!!!

Ordered up some parts.... AHHHHHH..... I want the tpc turbo kit for a 996 in my car, they said they would make it happen for me. BUT a bit out of my range. So I had to settle for some other goodies. IPD here tomorrow from fedex and then I think fabspeed maxflow exhaust with high flow cats. Painted centerconsole and matching interior parts are here to. I need a week off to put it all in. Not to mention I want to bring the car up a tiny bit with the coilovers and then have it aligned. Also sitting in the garage GT3 front sway. Just waiting to get the urge to order up the tarret rear bar and their drop links. Had to edit.... Forgot on the way also rear storage unit/sub box from the guy over on renntech/on it's way. Someone stop me now! Can someone invent an 8th and 9th day of the week dedicated to cars?

New drink of choice Firefly and lemon lime crystal light.MMMMmmmmm. Thought I'd throw that in there. Disclaimer: I was not drinking that before this post.

WE RAN OUT MUCH EARLIER! :) :dance:

Cartel 05-20-2010 08:05 PM

Oh dear, when does it ever stop.. I swear, after all the modifications completed to my vehicle I am never satisfied and am always planning for the next modification the day of one being ordered. When the funds permit I am hoping to purchase FUHRUIS's interior tid bits for my vehicle as my version of your painted interior portions. As far as the IPD intake plenum goes, you will be highly content with the results, regardless of the reservations held by many. In time the GT3 swaybar/Tarrett drop links will be ordered and mated to a rear sway bar that I have yet to decide upon. Best of luck throughout it all and please keep us all posted on the upgrades as the days come by!

jaykay 05-20-2010 08:06 PM

JAAY you are a wildman. Just curious what is a rear storage unit/sub box.....a speak installation or?

JAAY 05-21-2010 02:18 AM

Jaykay. Subwoofer install. Look over on renntech under 986 and I think on page 2 there is a post. Subwoofer fix or something like that. There is a guy who makes a sweet enclosure. I have done hismod already and have the amp and sub so he is just selling me one of his custom boxes.

tnoice 05-21-2010 05:12 AM

Sounds like you are having fun. I would love to see pictures of the sub box after it is installed.

chaudanova 05-21-2010 07:02 PM

haha, looks like this bug is very prevalent on these boards. Sounds like a lot of fun there.

Keep us updated on the GT3 and Tarett sways... I'm looking to switch it up to those as well...

Johnny Danger 05-23-2010 12:16 PM

Fortunately for me, there's really nothing left for me to modify on my vehicle.
Maybe I'll install some machine gun turrets up front. :)

jaykay 05-24-2010 07:46 PM

yaaaahhh baby!

23109VC 05-25-2010 06:01 AM

awesome!! hey - if you can afford the parts, and want them = go for it. life is short.... LIVE it!

what color are your center console and interior pieces? which pieces did you paint? can't wait for pics!!

BTW -it's *not* an "itch".... it's a disease... :) I"ve had it before... :)

the only cure is running out of mods or money...usually the latter... :D or getting married.... wives seem to cure this mod disease too.. :eek:

JAAY 05-25-2010 07:47 AM

My center console is carbon fiber overlayed, which is for sale if someone wants it. My other parts are the simulated carbon stick on crap. I have a painted center console that I will put in when I get around to it and I am going to do all the other pieces that are carbon right now. If anyone wants to send me there stock pieces I'd be more than happy to sent the carbon covered pieces. Life is short and this is my hobby that takes me away from my stress. I am married and I think she understands that tinkering with my hobbies is something that I really enjoy. As for the money running out.... You can always make more. :cheers: