Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2010, 03:51 PM   #1

Questions about the 3.4 swap

Im going to swap my engine with a 3.4 but I have a couple of questions. Will my stock exaust work with the 3.4 engine. I don't mind if I have to change it. If it will work could I still switch it to the 996 exaust. Basically Im wondering once I swap the engine what else can I change to 996. Can I also switch my air filter and intake to the 996 or the upgraded cold air intakes that they have for the 996. Im wondering after I swap the engine what else can I do to make it better.

Michael

mbdevore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 07:20 PM   #2

You can use the stock 986 exhaust although a good set of 986 headers and cats will uncork the motor. 996 headers will not clear the chassis, nor will any of the rest of the 996 exhaust. I used a evoms cold air intake for a 986 on my swap. You might be able to cram the original intake back in there but I didn't even want to try it. A 996 intake will not fit. PM me if you want any help with spacers, fuel lines, etc.
BudmanV24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 01:26 PM   #3

Do you have the engine yet?