Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2010, 06:23 AM   #1

Door release cable

Okay first hi folks new here ive had my Boxster 3.2s for approx 6months now and loving it , its a 2000

I have a question i did a search and found nothing , my drivers door handle seems to drop back upon shutting the door , if you hold the interior handle the window goes all the way up if let it go it drops as it should to clear the roof when opening the door.

Ive checked everything i am wondering if these door release cables stretch and if there are any adjustments that can be made or is it buy a new cable , if so any ideas where i can buy one as ive searched google to no avail.

Many thnx in advance folks

sheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 06:33 AM   #2

IIRC>
There is a small microswitch in the inner part of the outer door handle that controls window up/down function. To access you have to remove the door panel, but first disconnect the battery to prevent you loosing a finger if the wndow goes down with your hand in there. (make sure you have radio code).
suburban99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 06:39 AM   #3

Hi Suburban

yep did this and the micro switch seems to work fine but the handle doesnt seem to travel all the way back to the stop position thus pushing the microswitch back to its intended position, if i press on the handle it moves about 2mm and you hear the microswitch click and the window returns to where it should be.

i was wondering if there was any adjustment that pulls the cable tighter as it seems like the cable is not pulling the handle back to its stop postion , i did hear there was a spring in there that gets worn and upon inspection can find no spring or a location where a spring would go ??

mny thnx for your reply

sheep is offline   Reply With Quote