Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2010, 03:43 AM   #1

Coil pack quality?? does it matter what make?

Hi, just going to order a full set of coil packs, i went on to the Eurocarparts sight and found 3 different makes of coil pack for a 2.5 1997 boxster.

The price varies greatly

£18.80 for ARC
£23.91 for BOSCH
£30.23 for BERU

Is there any difference in quality? are you just paying for the name? does it really matter which make you buy?

At approx £65 difference in price ($95?) the saving can buy you a Mobile 1 oil change and filter so i thought i'd ask the forum what there views are on the subject

jonnycool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 06:02 AM   #2

Well, the factory packs are BERU, but I'd imagine they're probably all fine, I'd certainly have no issue buying the Bosch packs. Never heard of ARC.

On a side note, it's "Mobil" 1 (as in the oil company), not "Mobile" 1 (as in your phone)
Old 04-03-2010, 07:01 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudsurfer
Well, the factory packs are BERU, but I'd imagine they're probably all fine, I'd certainly have no issue buying the Bosch packs. Never heard of ARC.

On a side note, it's "Mobil" 1 (as in the oil company), not "Mobile" 1 (as in your phone)
lol... i really could'nt be bothered to edit it when I re read my post, but i should have known better! you guys are BRUTAL!!!!

I too thought the Bosch to be the best choice, i'd never heard of ARC either, I just thought the comparisons in price verses quality were worth mentioning on the forum as it could save a few $'s to someone on a tight budget.

good job you did'nt see my 997 seat swap typing error, i spelt porsche "porche" TWICE!!! in my jpeg title's...EPIC FAIL!!! I'm surprised i was'nt kicked off the site still i can still spell colour right...

jonnycool is offline   Reply With Quote