986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Performance and Technical Chat (http://986forum.com/forums/performance-technical-chat/)
-   -   replacement fog lights ? (http://986forum.com/forums/performance-technical-chat/23951-replacement-fog-lights.html)

embryoguy@mac.com 03-08-2010 12:28 PM

replacement fog lights ?

is it the same as the headlights? H7?

blue2000s 03-08-2010 01:06 PM

It's in your owner's manual if you have it.

boxster6354 03-08-2010 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by embryoguy@mac.com

On a MY2000 the front fog light bulbs were H7.

embryoguy@mac.com 03-08-2010 10:34 PM

thanks guys!

Burg Boxster 03-09-2010 04:51 AM

in halogen (not litronic / xenon) system, the fog/high/low beams are all H7 in the 986.

I recommend replacing them in pairs or at least buying them in pairs b/c they always seem to go out in pairs. Or at least w/in a week or two of each other. ;)

embryoguy@mac.com 03-09-2010 05:01 PM

thanks burg!

MIMA 03-14-2010 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blue2000s
It's in your owner's manual if you have it.

hey douche bag-- this guy is being nice and wants a quick answer... you dont need to post up here if you got nothing good to say.

oh i hope you read the manual before you respond to this again

btw yes 3 h7 bulbs on each side... its a bit tough to remove fog light bulb but with long thin pliers you will get it done within 15 minutes.

blue2000s 03-14-2010 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIMA
hey douche bag-- this guy is being nice and wants a quick answer... you dont need to post up here if you got nothing good to say.

oh i hope you read the manual before you respond to this again

btw yes 3 h7 bulbs on each side... its a bit tough to remove fog light bulb but with long thin pliers you will get it done within 15 minutes.

Kind of inappropriate response, I think, we're all friends here. Try to keep some class, our moderator isn't especially tolerant of the antics common to other forums.

embryoguy@mac.com 03-16-2010 01:53 PM

its cool guys...

the reason why i do post here first is bec. often i find experiences from owners is more valuable to me than standard protocols found in most manuals.

anyway, its all good.

the fog lights were a little trickier than the reg. headlights.

not much room to work with. but your right. long pliers are necessary.

thanks for all the help everyone.

blue2000s 03-16-2010 02:00 PM

Quote:

its cool guys...

the reason why i do post here first is bec. often i find experiences from owners is more valuable to me than standard protocols found in most manuals.

anyway, its all good.

the fog lights were a little trickier than the reg. headlights.

not much room to work with. but your right. long pliers are necessary.

thanks for all the help everyone.

Glad to hear it. I subscribe to the "teach a man to fish" philosophy. Most people don't read their owner's manuals and don't realize there's alot of very detailed information in it. Answers alot of questions.

Johnny Danger 03-16-2010 02:25 PM

Quote:

If you haven't changed your bulbs already, try the Hoen xenon match H7's. They make a great addition if you have Litronics.

hoen-usa.com