Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2010, 09:42 AM   #1

MAF Sensor limits

Got a CEL monday morning it was a P1126, checked the MAF, looked clean, cleaned out the air filter and found it was rather dirty. Put it all back together and I am getting hesitation between 3.5k an 4k. Went out and decided to test the MAF with some info I found online. Upon testing the MAF I find the following, at idle I am getting 2.5v from pin 1 and 1.5v on pin 5. I pulled the sensor out and it is very clean, should it be dirty to need cleaning, or should I clean it anyhow. Could it be a fuel filter or something worse. Its a 01 S so I am not sure if its an external filter or not.

ltaudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 02:18 PM   #2

Garage
I would clean it anyway and see if that clears up the problem. its only a few dollars. mine looked very clean too but still threw a code. the MAF itself could have gone bad all together. im not sure how frequent that is. fuel filter is pretty easy. but o2 sensors if its them start to cost a pretty penny like the MAF
Lobo1186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 04:09 PM   #3

Have you driven it long enough for it to relearn

and reset itself?
mikefocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 04:17 PM   #4

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefocke
and reset itself?
not sure if you are talking to the OP or me. but ill clarify my statement. it looked clean but was still throwing a code so i went ahead and cleaned it anyway and it fixed the issue.

Lobo1186 is offline   Reply With Quote