Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2005, 03:10 PM   #1

Radio Give Me A Break! Help...if Ya Can!

CDR-220 Radio

Any help on this matter will be well appreciated! Have a 1999 Porsche Boxster. Non Sport.

My Battery decided to give out....It was coming of course... it's #5 years OLD. & 10 degree's at night.

I replaced the battery...But noticed that Radio was asking for a CODE. Ok....#NO owners manual....Im stuck! Go pound sand.

So i called 1-800 Porsche....Customer Care tells me ..the car came originally from florida...call this number..."A- porsche Dealership" They should help you. So i did. Within Seconds I had the service Rep Tell me IT'S #1076. So i pushed the buttons...Nothing ...Again...Nothing...Again Nothing... Now i get this FOUR LETTER WORD " WAIT" I call the local dealer He says Hold the T-P button. ..OK ....So i give him the Serial number....He comes back and says...It's #5134. NOW i cannot get rid of this *WAIT* MESSAGE. ????????? Before i bug the local dealer again.... I figured id ask....

Any help would be much appreciated.....Thankyou all PORSCHE OWNERS!

usarare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 03:29 PM   #2

Try disconnecting the battery again and see if it says code again. Worked for me on a honda.
Bethencorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 03:33 PM   #3

according to the manual if you enter the wrong code three times the unit is disabled for 60 minutes. This is 60 minutes with the ignition and the unit on. If one is off it's not counting.
Bethencorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 03:43 PM   #4

When you enter the wrong code too many times then you have to WAIT. Something like up to an hour with the ignition and radio turned on after 3 or more attempts with the wrong code, I forget, but it is in the radio manual.

If you enter the code way too many times then you have to WAIT 24 hours with the radio and ignition on.

Your radio may have been replaced over the years.
Tool Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 05:25 PM   #5

Radio Is Back On! Thankyou!

Hey.....Just want to say THANKYOU. Radio is working PERFECT!

usarare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 10:12 AM   #6

Radio Code

Hi guys,
I was reading about the problem that usarare was having because Im having the same issue. After following what you guys said to him I still couldnt get the radio to work.... it keeps saying wait. So I waited and tried again and nothing.

Any other suggestions ?

Thanks
SPNOVA-986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 02:47 PM   #7

If you need the security code, PM me with the radio serial # and I have the software to decipher the code.

1999 Porsche Boxster
(gone, but not forgotten)
http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/a...smiley-003.gif

Never drive faster than your Guardian Angel can fly!
Lil bastard is offline   Reply With Quote