986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Performance and Technical Chat (http://986forum.com/forums/performance-technical-chat/)
-   -   anyone see this? whats ur thought? (http://986forum.com/forums/performance-technical-chat/20853-anyone-see-whats-ur-thought.html)

udontknowjack 06-03-2009 05:26 PM

anyone see this? whats ur thought?

Sprint Boosters coming for 2000-up 986 Boxsters!
We are waiting on the first shipment of Sprint Boosters for 2000-up drive-by-wire (e-gas) 986 Boxsters. We will be running a special price on these in June, and we are taking pre-orders now.

Click below to pre-order:

986 Boxster w/Manual (2000-up only)

986 Boxster w/Tiptronic (2000-up only)

In case you haven't heard, Sprint Boosters modify the signal that goes from the throttle pedal assembly to the ECU, sharpening the response and getting rid of hesitation. The delay on these cars is much more pronounced than on the 987s, so it should be a very worthwhile upgrade for those unsatisfied with the factory pedal feel.

Click here for more information on Sprint Booster

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on 6SpeedOnline!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Nationwide sales, local installation and export available.

"Established in 1975; Celebrating 30+ years!"

"

Topless 06-03-2009 08:34 PM

Naw! Pure distilled single malt, barrel aged, snake oil man.

vath2001 06-04-2009 04:41 AM

You'll pick up 5 mph on the top end, 2 sec on a 1/4 mile, lower your golf score by 5 strokes, improve brake response, less tire wear, your stereo will get more stations and sound better, your taxes will be lower and women will find you more attractive.

Maybe if they through in a ShamWow.

FTD 06-04-2009 06:09 AM

throttle hesitation?

TRawls 06-04-2009 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FTD
throttle hesitation?

:D :D :D :D :D

Exactly my response! Really?? Throttle hesitation?!! Mine pretty much goes where I tell it to go!

TRawls

Kirk 06-04-2009 08:05 AM

They're talking about this on the 996 forum on 6speed too. My input after looking at graphs showing what this does is this - all this does is increase the throttle response by 25%. At 1/4 throttle this modifies the signal from the gas pedal to really give you 50% throttle. At 50% throttle you're at 75% throttle at 75% throttle and up you're at 100% throttle.

What's the point? All it does is make the throttle more sensitive. If I want more throttle I'll just put my foot down more. The effect is exactly the same and MUCH cheaper.

This product is for morons who will install it, notice that they go faster with less gas pedal movement and get all excited that it "feels" like they have more power. Pure snake oil for the uninformed.

Kirk

chaudanova 06-04-2009 09:23 AM

Despite the skepticism, which I also did have given the present information around the internet on it, you would be very surprised. Look for my review when I get back in town early next week. I've got one of the first sets installed and run in a 986 and have driven it around all day yesterday. :dance:

udontknowjack 06-04-2009 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaudanova
Despite the skepticism, which I also did have given the present information around the internet on it, you would be very surprised. Look for my review when I get back in town early next week. I've got one of the first sets installed and run in a 986 and have driven it around all day yesterday. :dance:

please keep me update....im interested....cuz im a moron :confused:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirk
This product is for morons who will install it, notice that they go faster with less gas pedal movement and get all excited that it "feels" like they have more power. Pure snake oil for the uninformed.
Kirk