986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Performance and Technical Chat (http://986forum.com/forums/performance-technical-chat/)
-   -   Disaster PLZZZ someone help (http://986forum.com/forums/performance-technical-chat/20774-disaster-plzzz-someone-help.html)

clb0099 05-27-2009 05:26 PM

Disaster PLZZZ someone help

Ok I posted this problem about month ago and lil bastard responded. Here is the problem my rear defrost button does not work or light up and also my convertible top button does not light at all but works when my headlights are off(still no light but it operates to open the convertible top). If the headlights are on the top will not operate at all (also to remind everyone the e-brake is in the up position).Another problem is the console light at top and the door check lights are lighting up but very light almost like not much power is going to them. I checked both the A5 fuse and C3 fuse and they are both fine not popped (lil bastard suggestion . I am confused as to what it could be . The thing with the headlights being on and the convertible top not working is odd but then if i shut off the lights it is fine and openings and closing with no problem .(only thing it doesn't do is light up) . When i mean light up I mean that when the top is either up/down and I am driving with the headlights on the the defrost and convertible buttons do not light at all... What could it be? I am not sure this has anything to do with it but my alternator was replaced 2 mths ago and I am not sure if this happened before cause it had the hard top on it. Plus the car was sitting for a while. Also my starter has become to make the high pitch sound and I have ordered a new one but not sure these have anything to do with the problems i am having. What fuse controls the lights of the buttons and the console,door check lights if that is even the problem....I am also going to add one thing when i am driving out of the blue the sound goes off almost similar to the door being open but yet it's not. I am not sure if that has anything to do with it

udontknowjack 05-27-2009 05:46 PM

whatever happened to your spacers for sale still?

clb0099 05-27-2009 05:54 PM

Sold them locally .. saved myself the shipping I forgot to message you been pretty sick . So you don't feel bad i got basically almost double what you offered me. So i had to go with a higher offer considering...

RandallNeighbour 05-27-2009 07:08 PM

To answer your question about strange electrical issues, it may be something simple like an ignition switch. When mine went out, certain things on the console worked (stereo) but the AC unit didn't and then the wipers worked and then didn't and the car seemed possessed. With a $25 ignition switch replaced, all was good again.

It may not be your problem, but if you can wiggle your key and yank it back and push it forward while looking at those lights, you may find the culprit is the switch.

clb0099 05-27-2009 07:21 PM

Here is te thing i took out the plug from the lock button and placed it on the back of the rear defrost and it lights up fine. There seems to not be any power coming from the defrost plug at all. The odd thing is there is power going to the convertible top just not lighting up. I also ran durametric and pulled these codes from the car

Porsche fault code 93 - Tank vent system

Interior sensor faulty

is there a fuse that controls any of these lights on the right side only ... light a relay or something. There is no juice coming from the defroster plug at all and i have a gahh top with rear glass... with the harness plugged in wtf is going on. I wiggled the key and nothing no lights came on. I got a dumb question that may have nothing to do with it. On the back of the cigarette light there is a green piece is there suppose be anything plugged into that. It seems like my defrost, and convertible top do not light and i have a feeling that there should be something in there.. any know what i am talking about..