Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2009, 07:45 PM   #1

Any interest in an ALL Boxster AutoX Shootout?

Last year one of my other websites put together an "All 914 Shootout" and this year I'd like to do the same with the Boxster's NorCal or SoCal?

Any interest? We had 30+ 914's show up for a two day event up north (Marina) People came from all over Oregon/Wash/San Diego..

I'll borrow Porsche Club equipment and run it under their insurance as a sanctioned PCA event.

Thoughts? Go? No Go?

B

We have worked with amateur and professional drivers for over 26 years. In house machinist, In house fabrication. Our cars, our parts, our engines, our transmission's run nationwide at events every weekend. We work side by side with industry names developing parts.
Brad Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 08:02 PM   #2

Are we talking about a Spec event? Or an open class boxster event? I might be willing to drive from Chicago out there just for the experience of a cross country road trip then an AX

I would say Green Light!
PlayersExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 08:23 PM   #3
Engine Surgeon

Sounds like a good excuse to gather a few Gb of data and some sustained RPM testing for the IMS retrofit bearing :-)
Jake Raby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 09:42 PM   #4

im down if this is at nor cal....
udontknowjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 11:04 PM   #5

The event would be WIDE open to ANY Boxster 97-09

B
We have worked with amateur and professional drivers for over 26 years. In house machinist, In house fabrication. Our cars, our parts, our engines, our transmission's run nationwide at events every weekend. We work side by side with industry names developing parts.
Old 05-22-2009, 04:26 AM   #6
There Is No Substitute.

Garage
I would probably drive out for something like that, if it was in July. Sounds like fun.
Old 05-22-2009, 05:01 AM   #7
Rennzenn

Garage
Beautiful idea...wish you were on the east coast! Don't think my r-comps would make it to California
j.fro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 06:17 AM   #8
Track rat

Garage
I'm in. I'll probably get spanked by those wild eyed POC guys but it should be a hoot! When and where?
Old 05-22-2009, 07:58 AM   #9

I'm down for a NorCal event. I already autoX my Boxster here in SCCA. I wouldn't mind embarrassing myself in front of some other Boxster owners.

Kirk
1975 911S Targa - undergoing a full restoration and engine rebuild
Also In The Garage - '66 912, '69 912, '72 914 Chalon wide body, '73 914
Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 10:01 AM   #10

OK. Let me nail down the site. Not sure if SoCal of NorCal will be bigger!

B
Old 05-23-2009, 04:05 AM   #11

That would be a blast!!! Too bad I'm in Chicago and the trek out to CA would be a bit much...

BTW-I'm going autocrossing in 5 minutes! Two day event so I'll get to test out my GT3 front sway bar.
Sammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 02:55 PM   #12

event

I'd be up for an all-Boxster event, preferrably in SoCal. I will probably be running (not a Porsche) at the Buttonwillow LeMons race this August, so it would be easier for me to do something more local and less time-intensive.

* 9x7 short shifter * Pedro's enthusiast mount * Carrera Ltw. wheels * Stebro bypass pipes
* M030 coming soon! *
Blue-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 01:43 PM   #13

mid engine mayhem

There's been some mention of this concept in the PCA GGR site.
The idea is to have a friendly competition between the 914s and the boxsters/caymen. Preliminary plans are either Stockton or Marina.

Either way I'm there.

Socal would be more difficult for me, because of travel time etc.

Jason
jderiansf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 01:57 PM   #14

so.. Texas it is!
heh.. worth a shot

anyone attending better take pics
stateofidleness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 02:16 PM   #15

state?

Contact Federick Deltoro. He has a shop and BoxsterS that he is running in AutoX with *somebody* down there. I'm bringing him and his shop up to speed on ALL things Boxsters. Good guy. Ex Racer looking to run in BoxsterSpec soon.

B
Old 05-27-2009, 02:17 PM   #16

Quote:
There's been some mention of this concept in the PCA GGR site. The idea is to have a friendly competition between the 914s and the boxsters/caymen. Preliminary plans are either Stockton or Marina.
The concept came from several us on 914club.com. The 914 guy's are having a separate event in Oregon this year.

B
Old 05-27-2009, 02:23 PM   #17

Brad, still tryin' to sell Greenie if you know any prospect 914 owners.

'73 Ravenna Green 75k miles.

stateofidleness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 07:23 PM   #18
SBD

Count me in. Down here in San diego we have a great lot-Qualcomm stadium. You could do an Autox on sat and a DE on sunday. Orange County has El toro-also a great lot. Open to travel too.
SBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 12:19 AM   #19

SDR "forced" me to become an instructor for them We regularly put a certain Silver Boxster in the top 5 every time out.

My first choice would be the CA Speedway parking lot. 1:45 from the heart of SD and about an hour east of the beach towns/OC.

I love the space at Qualcomm, but the surface at The "Q" and the surface at El Toro leave a lot to be desired. Fontucky (CA Speedway) is a damn smooth and good sized.

I see enough interest. Let me talk too and gather some sponsors for the event, and get some pricing on the event site and a catering truck.

B
Old 05-28-2009, 12:20 AM   #20

I'll bring in accredited PCA and SCCA instructors for the newbies also

B