Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2009, 04:22 PM   #1

Pedro exhaust question - low rpm burbling sound

I recently put a Pedro muffler hack onto my car. the car sounds pretty cool/mean when you are on the gas. When you are WOT it sounds awesome. As I've had it on now for a couple weeks - I've had a chance to listen to it more at various speeds/rpms/etc.

I've noticed that as I roll to a stop, or if I am at very low rpms and am letting the revs drop back down to idle - there is a burble sound or a "hollow" kind of noise it makes. It might be normal, or it could be a characteristic of the "pedro" muffler. Not sure.

I have video of it, but need to convert the format to something i can upload to youtube. my camera records in ,.mov and you can't upload that. if i convert it, i'll put the video up so you can hear it.

do all the aftermarket exhausts do this? or does the pedro make a more raspy or bubly sound under these circumstances, or is it a "pedreo" exhaust thing???

i took the car into a parking structure to listen to it - and it sounds really noticeable when it's echoing in the structure. it's a bubly "hollow" sound and I don't notice anyting like this when I am on the gas. it's not there at idle. it's more associated with coming OFF teh gas, must be when the engine is under vacuum?

my stock exhaust dind't do this - but it may have had characteristics of this, just it was so quiet/muffled you couldn't hear it.

i wondered if the other aftermarket ehxausts do the same thing? or just the pedro mufflers?

crios - does yours do this??

Last edited by 23109VC; 04-12-2009 at 08:29 PM.
23109VC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 05:54 PM   #2

I have a twin chamber muffler that "burbles" as well. I think it's normal.

RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote