986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Performance and Technical Chat (http://986forum.com/forums/performance-technical-chat/)
-   -   Real Performance Products??? (http://986forum.com/forums/performance-technical-chat/2005-real-performance-products.html)

Morelli 02-03-2005 06:28 PM

Real Performance Products???

I am a recent Porsche convert. I've concentrated on Japanese imports for the most part, building numerous Hondas, and one Lexus SC300. Now that I am driving Porsche, I am trying to familiarize myself with all of the best go-fast parts. As any good performance enthusiast would, I started an off-hours business dealing with import racing, simply so that my friends and myself have access to parts at wholesale. I want to do the same thing with Porsche, but I need some input:

1) Bolt-on performance: Intake, headers, exhaust, injectors, ignition, etc. Who makes the best on the market for our cars?

2) Forced induction: Other than nitrous, do we have any options?

3) Suspension: Probably doesn't need anything, but who makes quality components?

4) Whatever I am forgetting?

I'm basically looking for companies that I can open accounts with. Also, who is the most trusted 996 engine swapper around?

Thanks for the input, I look forward to learning more about the performance aspects of our cars.

Fletcher 02-06-2005 04:33 PM

Unfortunately not as many choices....

My opinions only
1. Intakes - Evolution motorsports or scargo racing
Headers, cats, exhausts - Dansk
2. Dual turbo kit from Orton USA (very pricey but delivers the goods) no notrous or superchargers that I can rec for a Boxster.
3. Bilstein offers a coupkle of choices from HD shocks or coilovers, If you have the $$$$ Ohlins is also top shelf stuff. Also H&R makes a coilover kit. Numerous choices for srtut braces (check performance products or tweeks).
4. Not sure on engine swappers (try Rob @ scargoracing.com) a very expensive but well respected tuner. Also Steve @ Rennsport systems is very reputable.

Hope this helps
Fletch

phrankandbeanz 02-14-2005 08:26 PM

1) Bolt-on performance: GLh exhaust, porsche sports exhaust, RUF performence, gemballa conversions...many out there but a lot of $$$

2) Forced induction: Other than nitrous, do we have any options?

3) Suspension: Bilstein pss9 is top notch for any car

4) Whatever I am forgetting? engine swap? Lucent motors in westwood..talk to simon or arling

I'm basically looking for companies that I can open accounts with. Also, who is the most trusted 996 engine swapper around?

Thanks for the input, I look forward to learning more about the performance aspects of our cars.[/QUOTE]