Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2009, 04:45 PM   #1
JMP

Rear Micro-switch

Does anyone know if the micro-switch on top of the electric motor for the convertable top is a 2 stage switch? In other words, does it have one setting for the alarm and then another setting for the top light on the dash? If I have my alarm set and open the clamshell just a little bit, the alarm goes off. But the dash light for the top stays on all the time. I have tried to open the top and have a friend push the micro-switch closed on the top latch and then pushed the switch lever on top of the electric motor all the way shut and the dash light still stays lit up. I have tested the b-pillar switch and it is good but it has no effect when the top is open anyways. The top latch switch is also ok as when I open the latch, the windows roll down a few inches. Is the alarm system somehow related to the top dash light maybe through the top control module on top of the fuse panel. I am lost as to what actually turns the top open dash off. Any and all help appreciated. I need to make the dash light for the top to be able to shut off at the right time as I have broken 4 of the pot aluminum arms that are connected by the large round rods that are connected to the ball joint on the V-shaped lever. Also has anyone taken the top control module apart and, if so, is there any contacts in there that can be cleaned? If I can get the light to shut of at the correct time I think this will help with my problem. Thanks everyone very much!

JMP is offline   Reply With Quote