Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2008, 04:28 PM   #1

how does one remove the cluster cover?

I got a leather cluster top off of ebay. The thing that covers the gauges.
How would I remove the stock one and install the new one?
Thanks for any information.

James

Pedro rear stabilizer bar, CF strut braces, Maxspeed headers with 100 cell cats, Fabspeed cat bypass pipes, H&R springs with M030 setup, TRG rear links, EVO air intake, B&M Short shift kit, Raby IMS upgrade, Raby underdrive pulley

Last edited by jhandy; 11-29-2008 at 08:06 PM.
jhandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 05:47 PM   #2
ddb
www.klisstle.com

Garage
James,

You start by removing the cluster from the car. There are good instructions for doing this if you haven't removed the cluster before. Do a search if needed.

Once the cluster is removed, you separate the gauges by removing two screws (torx I believe). Then you remove 10 or 12 screw from the bottom of the pod (my recollection is they are torx as well). One screw is on the left-hand side and isn't as obvious as the others (see the metal screw clips in the picture for the other locations).

Once all of the screws were removed from my cluster, I couldn't easily get it apart because there was glue along the front edge (facing the driver) that had to be carefully worked loose. I've heard that some don't have the glue. Hopefully yours doesn't which makes the whole process really easy. I didn't use glue during reassembly and haven't had any problems.

Best of luck and post some pics when done.

ddb

ddb is offline   Reply With Quote