Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2008, 04:56 AM   #1

18" Turbo Style Wheels?

Been trying to search the board here for info, but my "search-foo" has not been so good.

I spotted these rims on eBay and was wondering if anyone had any thoughts.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390006597102

Has anyone taken the plunge and bought these? Got pictures of them on your Boxster?

Will these fit my 2000 S?

Anything I should look out for?

Got other suggestions?

Last edited by funkdefino; 11-18-2008 at 06:42 AM.
funkdefino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 05:54 AM   #2

These are replicas. The original 997 turbo wheels are 19"s and they cost couple of times more than what that ebay listing listed for.

As with anything in ebay, buy with caution. Sorry but I don't think anyone here that have these replicas.

Good thing is that they have the correct offset to fit on a boxster so you don't need any spacers.
ekam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 06:09 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekam
These are replicas. The original 997 turbo wheels are 19"s and they cost couple of times more than what that ebay listing listed for.

As with anything in ebay, buy with caution. Sorry but I don't think anyone here that have these replicas.

Good thing is that they have the correct offset to fit on a boxster so you don't need any spacers.
Yes, the seller was clear about them being replicas and did say that they would fit with no spacers... Glad you were able to confirm, though.

I was hoping someone else had taken them for a spin and had a review. Seems like this seller has lots of them for sale. Figured I wasn't the first to be interested.

I'll keep digging... I did find that this seller offered them for sale here in the "parts" section. Maybe someone else will turn up... (fingers crossed)

funkdefino is offline   Reply With Quote