Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2008, 04:21 PM   #1
Porschephile

Boxster vs. Carrera wheels

Looking to upgrade to 18" OEM wheels. I see 18" 996 Turbo twist wheels, 18" Carrera Lightweight 5 spoke wheels, 18" Sport Classics, etc... on Boxsters. These same wheels come on 911's. Did Porsche make all these wheels in two different offsets (one for the 986 and another for the 996) OR do some of the 911 wheels fit the Boxster regarless of the offset that the owners manual recommends?

What I'm getting at is I watch the classified on all the forums and also eBay and more OEM take off wheels are available for the 911 but they don't have the offset that my Boxster owners manual recomends. How do I know what will fit and what won't?? Please help.

-Tom

Old 07-07-2008, 06:08 PM   #2

I've got a set of 18" Carrera 996 Turbo Twist wheels with Pirelli Pzero tires on them in excellent condition if you're interested. The offsets issue: the fronts will fit just fine...the rears will fit with spacers. (I also have a set of H&R Trak spacers that will allow you to fit these wheels to the boxster)...

And to answer your question, porsche made both offsets... Some of those wheels came optional with the Boxster offsets... you can run the 911 wheels on your boxster, fronts direct fit, rears with spacers...

Some stuff for sale: M030 S 24mm front sway bar, M030 base 19.6mm rear sway bar, 996 GT3 OEM Porsche Motorsport front strut mounts monoball "camber plates"

WTB: looking for some 5-7mm spacers with extended bolts
chaudanova is offline   Reply With Quote