Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2008, 05:04 AM   #1

Garage
Row M030

Good day everyone,

With the bad roads we have here my suspension is just shot... I am thinking of swapping for a ROW M030 setup this spring... seems pretty hard to get a hand on that though..anyone know what's the best place (price & delays) to order that from ?

Thx,

Michel

fourniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 05:51 AM   #2
Porscheectomy

If your roads are bad enough to wear out your struts, are you sure you want to go with a harder suspension? The ride on the M030 is noticeably stiffer than the stock suspension and more loads are transferred to the chassis.
blue2000s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 05:51 AM   #3

I'm waiting on my ROW kit to arrive, too.

I couldn't find any in stock in the US when I was shopping around in mid February, so I ordered through Sunset. They said there were 4 available in Germany and it would take 5 weeks to arrive at my door. Well, that was 5 weeks ago. Sunset now says my kit is scheduled to arrive at their location on 4/19 and they will then turn around and ship it to me as quick as they can. I should have it just prior to May 1st... we'll see.

If you can't find a kit in stock in the US, you are looking (based on my experience) at 2 to 3 months to get one from Germany. If you can't wait that long, you may want to go with an aftermarket suspension kit from Bilstein or H&R.

Good luck.
Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 06:13 AM   #4

I ordered a ROW M030 for my 01S from Suncoast on Feb. 4. They had to order it from Germany - it arrived at my house on Feb 21. I don't know if they have a better connection in Germany or I just got the last one.

Tom
z281974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 08:30 AM   #5

Hmmm... now I'm thinking Sunset forgot to place my order w/ Germany until I asked them for an update on delivery. I really hope that isn't the case...

Last edited by Lucky; 03-28-2008 at 12:42 PM.
Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 10:33 AM   #6

Garage
Thx guys...it looks like usncost is the place then...

as for the stiffness, I thought I had read that the ROW M030 was a better tuned setup and that it was not harsher that the stock suspension...untill you start pushing ...
fourniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 10:54 AM   #7

I was amazed at the amount of ride comfort on the freeway and around town given the stiffness in the corners. Porsche did a great job tuning this setup to I think be the best of both worlds.
ROW M030 Suspension
Front & Rear Strut Braces
B&M Short Shift & EVO Billet Linkage
steve00s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 10:55 AM   #8
Porscheectomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourniem
Thx guys...it looks like usncost is the place then...

as for the stiffness, I thought I had read that the ROW M030 was a better tuned setup and that it was not harsher that the stock suspension...untill you start pushing ...
It's most definitely more stiff than the stock suspension. Personally, I love it, but if I had to drive around on broken pavement all day, it might not be my preference.
blue2000s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 04:10 PM   #9

I called Sunset 2 weeks ago for mine, and I got what I was told was the last kit in the US, it arrived here on Thurs. Install is on Monday. I took Insite's advice and went ahead with Che's rear toe arms to correct toe/ camber and also replaced the front strut tops.

I'll let ya know how it is in a few days!

Patrick
Cloudsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 08:16 PM   #10

Send a message via AIM to blinkwatt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky
Hmmm... now I'm thinking Sunset forgot to place my order w/ Germany until I asked them for an update on delivery. I really hope that isn't the case...
I doubt it,they are top notch service there.

Perhaps other people ordered a different spec RoW kit. Remember not all Boxsters share the same suspension kits,there are several variables;year & transmission.
Old 04-04-2008, 06:07 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2000s
It's most definitely more stiff than the stock suspension. Personally, I love it, but if I had to drive around on broken pavement all day, it might not be my preference.
I just finished my install, it is much stiffer and you will feel every road joint, but is well worth it.
thomschoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 05:24 PM   #12

I don't find the ride compromise to be an issue at all. Cornering ability is greatly improved, it sits lower, though I wish the rear went down as much as the front. I find it an excellent compromise in terms of greatly improving cornering with a barely detectable decrease in ride comfort. By the way, I am on 18" wheels.

Patrick

Cloudsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote