Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2007, 05:25 PM   #1

Hello! ROW M030 Suspension

Hello,

Just wanted to say thanks to you all on the forum. Been lurking around for some time now, and have picked up lots of good info. After reading the positive write-ups here of the factory sports suspension, I ordered the ROW M030 kit from Sunset Imports for my '04 Boxster S. Steve Alceron at Johnson's Alignment in Torrance, Ca. did the install. BTW, Steve really knows his stuff, highly recommended.

As several have said, improving the driver is the first and best investment one can make, but for street use the ROW setup is next on my list! Ride is a little firmer but still quite comfortable, and handling is much improved. Body roll and brake dive are greatly reduced. Steering is quicker and more precise. Stance is a little lower, but no problem on speed bumps or driveways. In short, its terrific. What the guter Doktor ordered!

Top down through the twisties in the Santa Monica Mountains today. (Yeah LA traffic is awful, but where else can you drive top down with an 80 degree sunny day in November?) A real thrill with the new setup.

Thanks again!

Kim

kimsecrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 05:47 PM   #2

kimsecrist That's next on my list...I'll have to PM you for the part #'s and cost, or the contact at the dealer you bought it from.

I'm in the SFO bay area, so I need to find a local shop that's competent to do the install.
michael_dba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 07:04 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael_dba
kimsecrist That's next on my list...I'll have to PM you for the part #'s and cost, or the contact at the dealer you bought it from.

I'm in the SFO bay area, so I need to find a local shop that's competent to do the install.
topline in Burlingame is very good (very close to Rector Porsche) Zim can do the install and what ever else you want. Those guys do everything even exotic cars.
boxs2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 08:06 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael_dba

The row m030 suspension kit is for a 2004 Boxster S, part no. 00004450021, which includes shocks, springs, and sway bars and bushings. Not sure if they are model and year specific. The parts department at Sunset Imports in Beaverton, Oregon (800-346-0182) can set you up with exactly what you need. Cost $975 + shipping. Suncoast Porsche and EPIQ Autosport are other good sources. Hope that helps.
Old 11-03-2007, 08:05 AM   #5

mind telling us how much the install was? and since you got it done at an alignment shop, did they charge extra for the alignment?
Old 11-03-2007, 04:26 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by humara
mind telling us how much the install was? and since you got it done at an alignment shop, did they charge extra for the alignment?

Install was $600 including alignment.

Kim