Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2007, 10:33 PM   #1

Exclamation Hawks Hps Brake Pads

Is Hawks Hps Brake Pads A Good Choice For Street/track Use ...anybody

Used Them On Their Car...let Me Know ...feedback Please

sifuran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 05:35 AM   #2
Porscheectomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sifuran
Is Hawks Hps Brake Pads A Good Choice For Street/track Use ...anybody

Used Them On Their Car...let Me Know ...feedback Please
I've used HPS pads on a couple of my other sports cars. They've got nice grip for street applications and don't squeal, but they make a good deal of dust that 's hard to clean off the wheel. I'm not going to use them again

I'm going to try EBC greenstuff pads for my next pad change. I've heard nothing but good things about them.
blue2000s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 06:26 AM   #3
Pat

I would think the HPS pad is a better performance pad than EBC Greens. I've driven both, but in different applications.
Also, I would think HPS (High Performance Street) is comparable to the OEM pad. If I had to choose between OEM and HPS, I'd likely go OEM. I wasn't impressed with HPS when I drove them on a GTI with Boxster brakes.
I helped my friend in stall Pagid Sport Blues on his GTI after he was fed up with the HPSs. He's still raving about how much better the Pagids are.
The downsides: They're dusty and expensive.
Old 09-27-2007, 06:50 AM   #4

Send a message via AIM to [z0ne] Send a message via MSN to [z0ne]
I've put HPS on every car that I've driven. Yeh, they do give off some brake dust but find me a pad that doesn't. If you're gonna complain about your wheels getting dirty, just wash your car!

As for brake performance, though: pretty damn good. They're much better than stock pads.

[z0ne] is offline   Reply With Quote