Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2007, 08:23 AM   #1

Clear side marker install?

I ordered a set of clear side markers for my 987. I don't have them yet, but i am sure i would like to put them on as soon as I see them. I can't imagine them being that tough to install, but I thought I would ask for words of wisdom ahead of time. Has anyone put thies on, and what is the quickest easiest way to do it? Thanks a whole pile!

Old 08-20-2007, 08:51 AM   #2

If you are looking at the right fender the tire is on your left and the front bumper is on your right, just pry the light from the left and it will pop off it is very easy pull it out detach the wire and bulb and put in the new one the same way.
Old 08-20-2007, 10:37 AM   #3

p-dub...I wouldn't just pull them out, a couple members had issues with them fitting snug removing them from the front end, there's a couple threads here you can search and see their comments....

the owners manual explains it....inside the wheel well there is an opening....take a screw driver in there, move it untill you find the clip and push it out....pretty easy....I did my own, takes a couple minutes
super66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 01:24 PM   #4

Thanks guys. A couple of minute hugh? I don't know if I can wait that long, I am pretty impatient. The car is getting lowered in the morning, but if the lights show up I will slap them on tonight. Thanks again.