Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2007, 01:21 PM   #1

Send a message via MSN to CJ_Boxster
SeatBelt recepticle questions

I have had the airbag light on for some months now, Went to Bisimoto engineering and he hooked up the Durametric software to my box to reveal the drivers side recepticle is the cause of my Airbag light on the dash. Sucks cause the belts were replaced 2 years and 3 months from today and they are garanteed for 2 years only.... So i goto the dealer and buy the drivers side recepticle after trying to clean the connections to no aval.

The part number has been superseeded multiple times since 1997 when my boxster was sold. I know my boxster doesnt have the original recepticles and im sure they dont have the newest recepticles... when the parts counter showed me that the new superseeded parts recommend replacing 2 other wire harnesses, this worried me, cause with the cost of the recepticle and the harness im looking at $300+. Problem is that i dont know weather not i already have those other updated harnesses from the repair the dealer made 2 years ago.

Could anyone tell me when the harnesses were added to the TSB repair for the seat belt recepticles?

Carlos J Cazares

FastForward Performance
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...er/newsig1.jpg
CJ_Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 11:11 AM   #2

Ok replaced the Malfunctioning driverside seatbelt recepticle with the new one. I still need to goto bisimoto to clean the airbag light error code but i have a question.... Ok on the old belt the part number ended in .09 and the new one from porsche ends in .10.... Do the new recepticals stop the seatbelt chime? cause after i installed it, i do not hear the seat belt chime from the dash when the belt is off. Did the fix that porsche made for the belt just make it a permanet closed loop?

Carlos J Cazares

FastForward Performance
Old 07-11-2007, 12:22 PM   #3

Long Story Short Update: Porsche gave me the passenger seatbelt recepticle with the part number that ends in .10, the drivers side part number ends in .09, needless to say i ahve to remove the new belt and return it for an exchange for the driverside belt ending in .09

Carlos J Cazares

FastForward Performance
Old 07-18-2007, 10:43 AM   #4

Diy Hack

Heres a DIY hack for those of us in the past that mentioned you didnt want to hear that seatbelt chime anymore.... Remove the drivers side seatbelt recepticle and replace it with a passenger side recepticle.

The Driverside is a 4 wire buckle which 2 are for the airbag system and the other 2 are for the warning chime to alert you when the belt is unbuckled. The Passenger belt does not have those extra 2 wires for the chime.

I did this hack and it works perfect and you dont have to rip out that speaker where ever it is and lose the chime cause it alerts you of other things other than seatbelts, like OBC Mph warning & door ajar.

Carlos J Cazares

FastForward Performance
Old 07-23-2007, 10:33 PM   #5

Question What about the airbag light?

Your last update was about the hack, but did the airbag light turn off?

The reason I'm asking is because I was told by my dealer that I had the same problem. I paid about $600 dollars (P&L) to have the seat belt receptacle wiring harness replaced. After replacing the harness, they then told me that I had a faulty belt tensioner sensor on the passenger side. At the time, it sounded like a load of BS.

I didn't replace the latter sensor, but my light is still on. Should I replace the sensor or just not worry about it?
blackbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 06:48 AM   #6

Yeah the light is off now. Well i checked the system with a Durametric software tool and that told me that only the drivers side recepticle was faulty, so all i replaced was that... I didnt need all the wiring cause my car had that last update which i was able to tell since my car had the belts and all that stuff replace 2 years ago... just that the drivers side recepticle became crap. Can they show you the error on the device they are using to scan it?

Carlos J Cazares

FastForward Performance