Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2007, 04:53 AM   #1

Arrow new 987 5-speed gearbox broken after 1000 miles?

hello,

best regards from Belgium, Europe.

first time i open a new thread here. Yesterday i was almost arriving at my destination when i couldn't change gears anymore ! Only fifth gear was still working, so the clutch wasn't broken, engine was ok either, so still don't get what could have caused the problem...

i called porsche assistance, they arrived after 45 min, just to tow the car saying something was definately wrong.

today i got a call from my P-dealer who said something is wrong with the gears, but they suspect the gearbox isn't broken, it's just the cable connecting the shifter to the gearbox itself that might be broken. They'll look into it on monday.

Here in Belgium, it has been raining for over 2 months now. Just today and tomorrow we have some sunshine. Just NOW it has to break down ??

The replacement car arrived one hour later, a french Renault clio with a DIESEL engine. omg ! i had a feeling like a was being screwed !

anyhow, monday i'll know more...

has anybody had the same problem like me with a 987 5 speeder ?

i only have 1000 miles on the counter and was still driving it in !

Last edited by SPEEDMAN; 07-07-2007 at 05:06 AM.
SPEEDMAN is offline   Reply With Quote