Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2007, 10:24 AM   #1

Clarion Dash Speakers - Hope this is the right place to post

First of all, hello everyone. I'm completely new to the forum, so excuse me for putting posts in the wrong areas and etc. for a bit. I'm a new Boxster owner, just bought mine a few months ago. It's about time to get some upgrades going. Since I'm an audio guy, that will be my first project.

I looked at quite a few of the posts on audio on here, and can't get an clarity on what my tweeter options are for the dash. I believe one post said the size was 3/4"; so being as I am, I turned to Clarion for an answer. Clarion makes a 3/4" tweeter, surface mountable, with very decent specs. The model # is SRH-205 and can be found on hifisounddirect.com for about $60.

Has anyone seen or attempted to use these yet? What is the primary choice among the Boxster owners here?

cmarks20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 07:22 AM   #2

If you're going to swap speakers, you need to swap more than just the tweeters. Best way, in my opinion, is to stay with 3-way setup. If you're looking for a deal, I have a set of Focal 5 1/4 PolyGlass V2 components, brand new, sitting on my desk you can have for $200 and would sound great in these cars.

Patrick
Cloudsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 07:26 AM   #3

Another bright idea

Sorry it took so long to reply Patrick, been extremely busy with some new work =). I think before I jump into the actual audio aspect, I'm going to work on a carputer. After some searching, I haven't found anything on a 986 with a carputer. I can't help but find something to sink those paychecks into =)
cmarks20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 12:44 AM   #4

boxster speaker options

Hello all,

I too am a recent owner of boxster(03 facelift), at great expense(fast courier from stateside to London UK); I got from eagleday.com rear shelf speakers.

I'm now considering dumping these for the BOSE rear shelf unit(base spaeaker and 2 midrange) from www.911design.co.uk

Has anyone got the BOSE unit?, is it worth the loss of storage for sound?

My eagleday.com speakers have 4 speakers(brand ????) , and yet still allow me to keep shelf for TOMTOM satnav, and puma driving shoes.

I have the Pioneer Bluetooth/Ipod head unit, and would like consider side door sub woofers..any advice from others as to where to buy good units, that DONT look like "drilled in boy racer kit"?

T hanks from Andrew, London, United Kingdom.

*NOS additive
*Shell V-Power 98 RON (UK baby its awesome)
*upgraded sports chrome tipped exhaust
*Professional valet every month & meguiars every 2nd day by me (in summer)!!!

try Meguiars NXT wax & Megs' Ultimate Quik Detailer..awesome stuff

shelloiluk is offline   Reply With Quote