Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2007, 12:03 PM   #1

Surging Problem HELP

Ever since I have had this Porsche it has done this to me. I start the car and it runs great but every time i do something that pulls additional power such as turning on the heater/ac fan or rolling the windows up and down, or puttung the top up and down i feel some vibration in the car like it's a bad ground or motor shaking, battery going bad. I have seen other cars do this to but have never asked what causes it and how to fix it. Sometimes it will even do it off and on whle its ideling but that is rare but again it always does it when i do something that pulls additional power. Please give advice.

ryansprimeauto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 12:14 PM   #2

Send a message via MSN to CJ_Boxster
This happens to me as well, I would like to know the solution to this issue and or weather not all our boxsters do this and its normal or not.

guess we will have to wait for replies on this for now.

Carlos J Cazares

FastForward Performance
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...er/newsig1.jpg
CJ_Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 12:51 PM   #3

With a '97

Look at the condition of the front motor mount.

Have the "codes" read and see if they give any hints.
mikefocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 04:16 PM   #4

There are no codes on my car.
ryansprimeauto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 05:54 PM   #5
Rennzenn

Garage
I had the same problem, and it was particularly bad when the AC was running. It turned out to be a vacuum leak caused by a cracked oil filler tube. I had a look on another site and found out that oil filler tubes on cars '00 and older have had a Technical Service Bulletin issued on the part: the plastic is weak; the part has been updated. Sure enough, my old oil filler tube had a nice coating of oil and dirt on its underside. I pulled the old part from the car (PITA) and had a look. It broke in half on the way out. Being too impatient to wait for the part to come in, I took it to the local Advance and found a universal radiator hose that was the same length and that would bend to the shape. It cost a whopping $14.00 with screw type clamps. My car idles perfectly now, and the hose looks right at home on the motor.

j.fro is offline   Reply With Quote