986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Performance and Technical Chat (http://986forum.com/forums/performance-technical-chat/)
-   -   P1411 & Bad AOS... Any possible connection? (http://986forum.com/forums/performance-technical-chat/11268-p1411-bad-aos-any-possible-connection.html)

CJ_Boxster 05-18-2007 10:52 AM

P1411 & Bad AOS... Any possible connection?

I've been getting a CEL with code P1411 Secondary Air Injection Signal Implausable cyclindars 4-6 about once every month and Yesterday I was removing the idle control valve from the throttle body for a quick cleaning which required I remove the Plastic Tube that connects the AOS and the throttle body....

Noticed oil in the hose and at the top of the AOS... I assume that means the AOS has stopped working correctly but my question is Would a bad AOS cause a P1411 CEL?

blinkwatt 05-18-2007 11:04 AM

I think everyone that has taken apart their AOS and 'J' tube has found some oil build-up in there. Even after I installed my new one,100 miles later I disconnected the tube and there was a tiny bit that had built up. I asked my mechanic if it's normal and he said it seems like they all have a small build up of oil.

Either way if you have the original AOS I would change it out anyways,it's been revised several times.

CJ_Boxster 05-18-2007 11:13 AM

Im sure its not the newest AOS cause the j-tube is the original type. On your new AOS j-tube, did the oil build-up go through the entire hose and have oil settle in the Throttle body?
Mine has, and about once a month and sometimes twice a month at start up, ill have a good 20 seconds of smoke come out from the rear passenger side of the car.

blinkwatt 05-18-2007 12:11 PM

Im sure its not the newest AOS cause the j-tube is the original type. On your new AOS j-tube, did the oil build-up go through the entire hose and have oil settle in the Throttle body?

Small traces of oil were in the new hose as well.

Mine has, and about once a month and sometimes twice a month at start up, ill have a good 20 seconds of smoke come out from the rear passenger side of the car.

My car used to have a little smoke every once and awhile,but not anymore.

smokey-burnout 07-03-2007 07:50 AM

P1411 trouble code

My boxster also had a P1411 trouble code ,secondary air injection system-signal implausible (cylinders 4 thru 9). I did some trouble shooting and checked the Air change over valve PT#993-113-245-01 with a hand vacuum pump , unit would not hold vacuum .I also verified that there was a vacuum signal going to the air change over valve from the electric change over valve and that all the vacuum lines were intact and not cracked. I replace the defective air change over valve and cleared the CEL and the code has not returned over a year later. Hope this might help .