Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2024, 01:30 AM   #1

Diagnostic Tool Question – What Should I Get?

Hi everyone, I have owned many Porsches over the years (18 to be exact), most of which were air-cooled. However, I recently purchased a 2016 Cayman S. Wow, what a difference from the old cars I owned! Oh man, the electronics seem overwhelming. I looked at a few scanner tools to also perform the oil service reset and other resets. The iCarsoft POR 2 came highly recommended but I decided to buy the Topdon Phoenix Lite, a Bluetooth model. I'm curious what other 281 owners use for recalibration and diagnostics.

If you want more help, visit OBD2.LTD

Antoine86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2024, 04:13 AM   #2
1998 Boxster Silver/Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antoine86 View Post
Hi everyone, I have owned many Porsches over the years (18 to be exact), most of which were air-cooled. However, I recently purchased a 2016 Cayman S. Wow, what a difference from the old cars I owned! Oh man, the electronics seem overwhelming. I looked at a few scanner tools to also perform the oil service reset and other resets. The iCarsoft POR 2 came highly recommended but I decided to buy the Topdon Phoenix Lite, a Bluetooth model. I'm curious what other 281 owners use for recalibration and diagnostics.

Take your AI generated script, and your "981" and shove them. Waaaay uup.
Old 07-23-2024, 04:45 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antoine86 View Post

That’s good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nicolasmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2024, 02:59 AM   #4
1998 Boxster Silver/Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolasmike View Post
That’s good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice, I see you're building up your post count in an effort to establish credibility.

Nappenin.