Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2023, 09:42 AM   #1

Garage
Scammers - what's the goal?

Every time I post something in the wanted section I alsways receive a bunch of these scam-looking messages from recently generated accounts:

Anyone knows what they are up to? Also, why do the admins let them register? Just wondering...

Homeoboxter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2023, 11:05 AM   #2

Just some jerks trying to separate you from your hard earned cash........................
Old 12-17-2023, 09:07 AM   #3

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFP in PA View Post
Just some jerks trying to separate you from your hard earned cash........................
Yeah, I figured that probably that's the ultimate goal, I just don't get the point because it's such an obvious scam and they must have a very low hit rate. They literally copy and paste parts of the original message in their reply, not even bothering phrasing a specific message, which makes me think they are not even human. But then, how did they register? As far as I remember, there's an introduction step at the beginning which the admins then have to approve.
Old 12-17-2023, 09:11 AM   #4

Garage
Lol, just received another one from a just registered user:

hello are you still interested in getting this?.
you can contact corey he has a Right side front fender plastic liner for sale........... PM him @ coreybeitler283@gmail.com

Seriously, who believes this BS?
Old 02-29-2024, 05:39 PM   #5

I often wonder the same. I have received many of them. Most of which don’t make sense.

So I email that person, then what? I send my bank account info and they bleed me dry? I can’t imagine anyone here falling for it.

Who has the time send these things? They even make intro posts for some of the fake accounts.

"Sixty percent of the time, it works every time!"
Danimal is offline   Reply With Quote