Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2015, 05:12 PM   #1

Relaxation...Cigars, Bourbon and Beer

Cripes the lounge is DEAD!!!!! I regularly converse with friends regarding the above topic, nothing better than a weekend night, a great dinner and any or all of the above. Tomorrow is Good Friday which is an off day for me..........as far as dinner goes nothing the brag about, BUT, after dinner on rear screened in porch and a thunderstorm.........PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beer Sam Adams original Boston Lager
Bourbon The old stand by......Makers Mark
Cigar 1959 Torino Exodus

Great Night!!!!!!

coreseller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 05:31 PM   #2

Oh yeah. All the guys in my family got together in Arizona to watch spring training (Giants) - Saturday night was perfectly grilled steaks from my uncle, couple bottles of wine, and a bottle of Oban - a 15 year single malt. It was a great night. Cigars and pipes too - almost forgot, sitting around a fire in the desert.

I'd be more specific about the brands...but, you know, see the bottle of Oban I guess.

Good topic - I was thinking we need a chill thread today!

Edit to add a noob question: when you say 1959...like it's been in a humidor since '59?

Last edited by CraigM; 04-02-2015 at 05:38 PM.
CraigM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 06:17 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigM View Post
Oh yeah. All the guys in my family got together in Arizona to watch spring training (Giants) - Saturday night was perfectly grilled steaks from my uncle, couple bottles of wine, and a bottle of Oban - a 15 year single malt. It was a great night. Cigars and pipes too - almost forgot, sitting around a fire in the desert.

I'd be more specific about the brands...but, you know, see the bottle of Oban I guess.

Good topic - I was thinking we need a chill thread today!

Edit to add a noob question: when you say 1959...like it's been in a humidor since '59?
Hey Craig,

To answer your last question, I misspelled the type of Cigar:

Torano Exodus 1959 '50 Years' - Cigars International

I enjoyed one of them from a sampler collection and they hooked me....GREAT TASTE!!

Regarding Bourbon / Scotch and Single Malts, I have been through the list from stupid cheap to stupid expensive and have attended dozens of tastings over the years. My current tastes dictate $25 for a fifth of Bourbon, $40 for a fifth of Scotch (the beautiful wifey still demands JW Blue Label).

A couple of decades back while Bear Hunting with my partners in Alaska (True Story) we were short of money in a bar and heard a good scotch could carry us much longer than beers would. We ordered GlenFiddich and made them stretch 2 hours.

Since then things have gotten better but I threaten to punch either of them directly in the plums if they get off on an arrogant ass peat discussion regarding Scotch.........,,,,,
Old 04-02-2015, 06:38 PM   #4

Haha! I like your wife's taste - my brothers and I have a tradition of buying a bottle of Blue Label when one of us have a kid. My wife is always pregnant (oopsies!), so even she doesn't know what she likes anymore. Last drink 2012.

I'm a big Buffalo Trace fan. A couple years ago I bought the cheapest whisk(e)y I could and worked my way up until I liked it - Buffalo Trace is my perfect value point. I'm no aficionado, but personally I think whiskey should be good enough to drink straight, just some stones depending on the season.

This thread is making me want to go out back, build a fire and smoke a cigar...but I have to dig trenches for my front yard sprinklers in the morning...dang tree roots rippin' stuff up.
Old 04-04-2015, 12:31 PM   #5

Tonight, a Rocky Patel and a few different flavors from the Great Lakes Brewing Co. Gonna watch the dvr'd F1 race I've been meaning to get to.

Old 04-04-2015, 01:36 PM   #6

I believe I'll enjoy a Cohiba Siglo VI when I get home tonight. Not a drinker but I love my Cubans!
CHRISP357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 03:16 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRISP357 View Post
I believe I'll enjoy a Cohiba Siglo VI when I get home tonight. Not a drinker but I love my Cubans!
Nice. I have had real Cuban Cohibas a couple of times......wow. Too cheap to actually buy them though.
Old 04-04-2015, 07:20 PM   #8

Out of here guys, enjoy the summer cigars, brews and brown water..............
Old 04-04-2015, 07:57 PM   #9

Bummer, man. Hope you change your mind someday.