Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2012, 09:02 AM   #1

Garage
Thank God. It's almost over!

Ocean Blue Metallic/Savannah Beige | Tiptronic | Custom Rear Spoiler | 17" Turbo twist | Red Brembo Calipers | GAHH Top w/Glass Window | Tinted Windows | Cruise Control | Leather Interior | Heated Seats | Color Wheel Caps | Traction Control | Debadged
John99Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 10:12 AM   #2

Hi John99, How are you doing ? Also, would you please e-mail this to me ? Thanks Max
milliemax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 10:22 AM   #3

Garage
It might be premature to call the Bush recession almost over, but it's getting there.

2003S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 12:41 PM   #4

Garage
Hi Max! Doing well......sent you the chart via email.

John
Ocean Blue Metallic/Savannah Beige | Tiptronic | Custom Rear Spoiler | 17" Turbo twist | Red Brembo Calipers | GAHH Top w/Glass Window | Tinted Windows | Cruise Control | Leather Interior | Heated Seats | Color Wheel Caps | Traction Control | Debadged
Old 01-24-2012, 12:43 PM   #5

Garage
"Bush Recession" ? Huh.....Blahaaahaaa!

:dance:
Old 01-24-2012, 01:34 PM   #6

Burg Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 02:12 PM   #7

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by John99Boxster View Post
"Bush Recession" ? Huh.....Blahaaahaaa!

:dance:
Well seriously, it can't be the "Obama Recession" - everyone knows he was in a secret Muslim communist training camp in Kenya when it started.
2003S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 07:46 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2003S View Post
Well seriously, it can't be the "Obama Recession" - everyone knows he was in a secret Muslim communist training camp in Kenya when it started.
I can't believe people can still defend, Obama.
jbs986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 04:09 AM   #9

Garage
So what if Moochelle spent 10 million on vacations , shopping trips and phony humanitarian junkets . It's not like she can practice law in her off time . She was for the most part disbarred .

Of course the liberal bias of the media and academia will never raise this topic. Unless of course, it was Laura Bush who had to surrender her law license .
Old 01-25-2012, 07:27 AM   #10

Garage
Fact or Fiction Number 1 - The Booming Economy: Obama's Jobs Story

It seems unlikely that the president would utter inaccurate jobs numbers during his State of the Union address, but while we wait for official White House citation, the president made at least one claim that for now looks iffy. The transcript:

" In the six months before I took office, we lost nearly four million jobs. And we lost another four million before our policies were in full effect. Those are the facts. But so are these. In the last 22 months, businesses have created more than three million jobs. Last year, they created the most jobs since 2005."

4 million jobs lost in 6 months before Obama took office: Looks like this total falls short of 4 million. Subtracting the total employment listed in the January 2009 Bureau of Labor Statistics employment report from the same total in August 2008, one arrives at 3.378 million jobs lost. **

Another 4 million jobs lost before Obama's policies took full effect. Using this Bureau of Labor Statistics table, starting at February 2009, the sum of monthly job losses surpass 4 million in October 2009. President Obama's stimulus was passed in February 2009-though it took notoriously long for that money to make its way out the door.

3 million jobs created over 22 months, more jobs created in 2011 than in any year since 2005. Using total employment, Obama's numbers don't hold up. According to the same BLS table, the economy added 2.056 million jobs over 21 months (counting backward, the next month saw job losses). And 2011 saw more job growth than any year since 2006, not 2005.
Old 01-25-2012, 07:30 AM   #11

Garage
Fact or Fiction Number 2 - Obama's Plan for Foreclosures

But the initial HARP program fell short of its initial goals, with only about 900,000 homeowners taking advantage of it, far less than what the administration had hoped. Additionally, many homeowners who took advantage of the program ended up defaulting again on their mortgage.

The president tonight touted this new proposal as having no red tape or runaround from banks, but there are a number of caveats in his program. Only those who signed a mortgage before May 31, 2009, and have not refinanced previously under the Home Affordable Refinance Program are eligible for the new scheme. The loan-to-value ratio has to be greater than 80 percent. Borrowers must also have good credit and must have kept up with their mortgage payments, with no late payment in the past six months and no more than one late payment in the past 12 months.

Some economists calculate that it would only benefit 1 million households, a relatively small number given that more than 6 million homeowners are facing foreclosure or have delinquent payments. Others say the restrictions are too stringent and automatically cut out those under-water homeowners who have bad credit.
Old 01-25-2012, 02:36 PM   #12

You're right, thank God its almost over. Can't wait for the Republicans to take back the White House and Senate and hold onto the House of Representatives. Just think of how many anti business regulations they will get rid of. There will be no more pesky EPA, Fair Labor Standards Act, NLRA, Food and Drug Administration or any child labor laws. They have promised to eliminate the corporate income tax, all taxes on capital gains and reduce the maximum income tax rate to less than 20%. It will be great, a pro business environment if there ever was one. Just like China, India or the USA in 1895! The best thing is that they have promised to eliminate OBAMACARE! I can't wait for my kids to get their own health insurance before they are 26 and look forward to my health insurance company once again being able to cancel my policy when I get sick. Because I have a preexisting condition, I won't be able to get other insurance. That's probably a good thing since I pay over $20,000 per year out of my pocket for the insurance I have. Yeah, you are absolutely correct, thank God its almost over. We will all be so much better off with the Republicans in control and Obama and the Democrats out!
linklaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 05:39 PM   #13

I'm not a Dem., but I am not happy with a Rep. controlled government either and no longer a Rep. I was hoping this would be the year an independent won the WH, but I don't see it happening. I do like the ideas behind goooh.com though.

What a mess in which we find ourselves.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 08:37 PM   #14

Garage
[QUOTE=What a mess in which we find ourselves.[/QUOTE]

How could we get in this mess? We have the best politicians money can buy.

300K Mile Club
Jager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 09:00 PM   #15
Porscheectomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jager View Post
How could we get in this mess? We have the best politicians money can buy.
LOL.

You're right. No matter who you vote for, you're getting about the same thing. It's too bad we don't recognize that we can vote for independent candidates that don't owe favors to lobbyists and their employers.

My theory is that it's best to have one party in the executive and the other in the legislative. Doesn't matter which. The gridlock keeps them from doing any more damage.

I'm not sure the Reps have a strong enough candidate to unseat the pres. Doesn't seem like it to me.

Last edited by blue2000s; 01-25-2012 at 09:12 PM.
blue2000s is offline   Reply With Quote