986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Off Topic Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/off-topic-discussions/)
-   -   Seattle Drivers in Two Inches of Snow (http://986forum.com/forums/off-topic-discussions/33326-seattle-drivers-two-inches-snow.html)

ekam 01-17-2012 03:42 PM

Seattle Drivers in Two Inches of Snow

Seattle Drivers in Two Inches of Snow - YouTube

My god Seattle is the worse place to live in if you want perfect weather.

Eric G 01-17-2012 04:07 PM

Yes...it is.

blue2000s 01-17-2012 04:19 PM

I just laugh. The drivers here suck anyway. Add snow and it turns from frustrating to comical.

Most people don't have a snow shovel, let alone understand what snow tires are for. Seriously, they try to clear snow with dirt shovels.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-ASN1I-F_8

Spinnaker 01-17-2012 04:28 PM

Gotta love all those hills coming up from downtown. Some people just don't have any common sense and won't try to find a alternative route with less hills to negotiate. Wait until tonight, they are predicting 6" snow by the morning. Looks like its time to get the snow shovel out. Most people don't buy a snow shovel because we don't get enough of it here most of the time.

ekam 01-17-2012 05:08 PM

Hey I guess you've got to look at the bright side and not having to deal with crap in your face everyday! LOL.

Seattle underground tour- tour guide talks about the crapper - YouTube

MileHighBoxster 01-18-2012 09:39 PM

I think I would just take the day off.

fivepointnine 01-21-2012 04:45 PM

for the seattle area people, I was watching the local fox channel news the other day and the lady kept standing next to a 996 or 997 and picking snow off it and talking about how the Porsche is not getting drove, etc...
we got almost 20 inches here in Olympia, could not get the Saab out of the driveway for 2 days, BMW X3 made it out just fine though. And I was without power for 2 days too, just relaxed with the family at a hotel.

ekam 01-21-2012 06:58 PM

R8 and GT-R in Seattle...

Audi R8 and Nissan GT-R in the snow. - YouTube

DenverSteve 01-27-2012 07:18 PM

It's generally not the snow, it's the ice that goes along with it in areas of high humidity and snap cold/inclement weather. The result however begs the question that if you're not equipped or prepared to drive in it - why not stay home?

blue2000s 01-27-2012 07:29 PM

In this case, there was no ice for the first 24 hours. It is people with summer tires trying to drive around on slush. People here act like they've never seen snow before.

This snow was actually alot like Denver snow. Very wet in barely freezing conditions. It barely dropped into the 20s throught the entire 3 day blizzard.

MileHighBoxster 01-30-2012 07:46 AM

Our snow here is actually very dry and powdery. Early season snow's can be wet (late Sept. and early Oct.) but since we have a very dry, desert climate, our snow is very dry as well. We still have the same unprepared people trying to ascend slight grades with summer tires blocking up the roadways and causing issues. However, any time you see cars sliding and skidding, unable to slow or stop, there's ice in there. The vehicle's you showed obviously need better equipment. The bed music makes the video.

blue2000s 01-30-2012 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MileHighBoxster (Post 276331)
Our snow here is actually very dry and powdery. Early season snow's can be wet (late Sept. and early Oct.) but since we have a very dry, desert climate, our snow is very dry as well. We still have the same unprepared people trying to ascend slight grades with summer tires blocking up the roadways and causing issues. However, any time you see cars sliding and skidding, unable to slow or stop, there's ice in there. The vehicle's you showed obviously need better equipment. The bed music makes the video.

I lived in Denver and Ft Collins for 25 years.

MileHighBoxster 01-30-2012 10:29 AM

That's great. I've visited Seattle 4 times.