Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2011, 01:29 PM   #1

Searching for a Teaching Job

Hey all not sure if any of you come across any Teaching jobs, but I am searching for one if anyone happens to hear of any.

I have a BS in Science.
My Licensure is for Health and Physical Education K-12.

I currently live in Dayton Ohio but will probably be relocating to find a job if nothing comes open around here.

Thanks if anyone comes across something
Jake D

Old 03-19-2011, 09:45 PM   #2
Track rat

Garage
A tough market for teachers right now due to state budget shortfalls. Teaching jobs do still come along though. One of my daughters was recently hired to teach high school in Calif. This is her story, maybe it can help you to focus your efforts:

She was doing a student teaching internship as a part of her masters program and had prepared several interactive lessons that focused on getting students to use critical thinking skills instead of simple fact learning. She invited the school principle to come in and observe one of her lessons. It was rowdy, noisy, and the kids showed high levels of interest and involvement. Afterward the principle invited her to immediately apply for a position at the school. There were hundreds of applications on his desk from all over the country but she got the job. Fresh, innovative teaching technique was more important in this case than either higher qualifications or experience.

Get in the classroom and show them your stuff. Wow them by turning kids on to learning in creative ways. Internship programs, TA positions, Sub, coaching, anything to get your feet in the room. Leave them wanting more.