Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > New Members - Start here! > New Member Introductions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2021, 07:33 AM   #1
PLP

Proper introduction. 2003 base in Lansing, MI

I got it fairly cheap looking on current market and condition of the car. Durametric showed nice coordination of cams, no L2 over-revs at all, engine started up nicely, no oil, moist as expected on cold start. Shifts smooth (although clutch may need to be done at some point).

No history of IMS, but oil filter looks clean (and as above).

There were things needed to be addressed and corrected.

So far we had been through the whole suspension overhaul (links, arms, shocks…), we put new OEM wheel and correct size tires (down from 19” to 17”), cleaned inside, painted the whole car while correcting all dings… Repaired taillights – LED drivers failed. I got the 718s style, but blinkers were too weak, plus I had a surprise – they leaked. Went back. Also, typical for this age – vent foam and turn signal stalk. Got used 4-stalk from eBay from 911 and already got OBC (I activated it while I had Durametric for testing). I will need to get it again to activate CC.

Removed PEDRO muffler and replaced with stock.

And I think several other smaller things.

Now, what is left are drop windows (appears to be lock related) and some interior small defects.

Seats are dry cracked. Florida heat killed them. I do not think I will ever fix them.

I might be doing roof next year.

I spent already more than I bought it and crossed $13k of total cost.

Currently we are at 111k miles and enjoy every (s)mile.

I got it in May 2021 with about 107k miles.

Fun to drive on shorter trips, but anything longer on MI highway is a PITA – literally. Plus the noise from wind is not helping either.

Previous: 2014 Fiat 500e, 2016 KIA Forte5 SX, 2016 Fiat 500X, and some old days: Trabant, Fiat 126p...
PLP is offline   Reply With Quote