Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > New Members - Start here! > New Member Introductions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2021, 07:42 AM   #1

New Boxster S Owner

I’ve been lurking here for a few months, but didn’t want to post until I acquired my car.
A friend purchased a low mileage Boxster S from the original owner a few years ago. He is a meticulous concourse guy. Did all of items pointed out in the PPI as well as the IMSB and clutch at 44,000 miles. He only put about 6000 miles on the car during his ownership. The car is Polar Silver with blue top and seats. It has 24 options, many of them are leather covered interior appointments.
A 911 restoration project prompted my buddy to offer to sell the Boxster to me, and I bought it yesterday. On the drive home from Santa Barbara I realized what amazing machines these cars are.
The newest Porsche I have owned is a 1969 912/6 with a 3.0 motor and highly modified suspension. While the Boxster obviously much more refined and comfortable than the 69, it is also faster and handles better.
I have a large file of maintenance records going back many years.
I couldn’t be happier with the purchase.
This forum is great and a terrific source of practical information.
John Dimock

Last edited by Sisuman; 04-22-2021 at 10:51 PM.
Sisuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 09:30 AM   #2

Uh, it's actually "Arctic Silver"...but close enough

Welcome to the forum!
Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 12:56 PM   #3

Welcome

Sounds like a great car! You forgot the picture(s).
Old 04-21-2021, 03:54 PM   #4

Actually (now that you've edited your OP) I looked into it and it's possible that your original stated color might be correct. Right here...

https://986porsche.com/porsche-boxster-986-colors/?lang=en

..they do list a "Polar Silver Metallic." I don't know what year your Box is, but it looks like that color was available from 1999 - 2004. In my experience, that color is really uncommon. I've seen lots of Arctic Silvers, pretty sure I've never seen a Polar Silver.

Take a look at the website and you can set the record straight. Or provide a pic or two. Either way you're right—they are fun cars!
Old 04-22-2021, 02:35 AM   #5

I just confirmed the paint code. It is the less common Polar Silver. The paint has a very slight blue tint which compliments the blue top/interior nicely. The model year is 2001.
John

Last edited by Sisuman; 04-22-2021 at 02:37 AM.
Sisuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 05:28 AM   #6

Sorry I misspoke without doing my research. We sometimes hear people, new to Porsche, refer to all kinds of colors (descriptive, but not officially on the Porsche color charts) and I guess I jumped to that conclusion here. Then I looked into it and discovered there actually was a Polar Arctic Metallic.

You should post some pics! Like I said, I'm pretty sure I've never seen that color.