Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > New Members - Start here! > New Member Introductions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2021, 06:02 AM   #1

New member-'98 986

Hi All, I purchased a '98 Boxster in the late fall and I can't wait for the snow to be gone so I can get it out and blast around in it. It has 115000km on it and I cannot find anything wrong with it except the driver side seat is missing the little handle on the side of it to elevate it (anyone know where to find one?). Other than that I had the common stiff ignition switch which this forum walked me through the $20 DIY fix. My Boxster is a TIP and still has the original IMS bearing and I really think I'm just going to drive it. I will give it some time to warm up before I get on it hard and I will check the filter closely at each oil change. Hopefully I have no problems and get many years of fun!

Ryans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 08:09 AM   #2

New Owner

Hello Ryan,

Welcome to the 986 World! You have come to the right place to meet and discover all the owners like you in varying degree of ownership experience. I can relate to how you feel regarding taking the car out soon after the snow and the cold weather
disappear! We are on the same boat. Happy Boxstering!

t2-bxtrs is offline   Reply With Quote